Katzkin Leather Opinions?

11,376 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RC_57
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found a good deal on a loaded XLT F-250, just missing leather. Dealer is suggesting adding katzkin leather and says it's just as good as factory leather. Any of you guys have experience with it?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I think Katzkin is BETTER than factory leather.
DeWrecking Crew
Katzkin is legit, but I wouldn't have the dealer install it if that was the offer.
mt3950
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Katzkin is legit, but I wouldn't have the dealer install it if that was the offer.

I believe they send it to a licensed katzkin installer.
DeWrecking Crew
Ok, but usually the dealer is marking that up in that scenario, best to cut out the middle man and work directly with a Katzkin dealer.
mt3950
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Ok, but usually the dealer is marking that up in that scenario, best to cut out the middle man and work directly with a Katzkin dealer.

Good thought. Anyone have a reputable katzkin dealer in Houston? For reference, the dealership is quoting me $1495 installed.
03_Aggie
mt3950 said:

DeWrecking Crew said:

Good thought. Anyone have a reputable katzkin dealer in Houston?

See what they're quoting. Sometimes the dealer charges the same amount and their profit is coming from a volume discount from the installer.
mt3950
AG
The dealership quoted me $1495 installed
Whoop Delecto
AG
03_Aggie
My brother just had his son's mustang done. Said it was $1200. He said he checked with three places and they all quoted it the same.
aggieforester05
AG
I have had two different dealers quote me a little under $1,200 installed for leather in crew cab trucks in the last two weeks.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Ogre09
AG
Dealer installed (or had someone install) mine in my Sequoia before I bought it CPO. The online listing included the original gray cloth seats, so I was pleasantly surprised they upgraded it and didn't upcharge me any. Three years and 50k miles later and they're still great, although the black gets a little hot in the summer sun.
Matsui
AG
Not a bad upcharge. Go with it.
RebelE91
AG
Second on the Stitches on the west side of Houston. That's where I took my truck to get Katskins leather seat covers and I do recommend both
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
You can DIY it. I did my last two.

Kits are 600 if you don't want crazy patterns.
txyaloo
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Have a link? Everywhere online I'm seeing $800 base.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
txyaloo said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Have a link? Everywhere online I'm seeing $800 base.

Check the truck forums

Last one I bought was 529.99 plus shipping on eBay.
Enviroag02
AG
Question for those who have DIY'd this. I have a quote by a shop to install Katzkin in my 2019 Silverado. They quoted me $1050. I can order the kit all in for $729. Is the DIY install easy enough to attempt to save $321?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Enviroag02 said:

Question for those who have DIY'd this. I have a quote by a shop to install Katzkin in my 2019 Silverado. They quoted me $1050. I can order the kit all in for $729. Is the DIY install easy enough to attempt to save $321?

Depends on how much beer you drink.

I'd charge around 300ish bucks I guess to do it.

Mookie
AG
It isn't easy to do. Not hard but not easy.

If I had the option of fighting with the seat covers in the Texas heat for 3 -4 hours or paying someone to do it correctly for $300 I know what I'm choosing.
aggieforester05
AG
That's what it's do too. When I had my tundra I bought a set on eBay and took it to an upholstery shop. They quoted me $800 to install. They're still in my garage.
AGHouston11
AG
It's definitely worth it. The $300 is worth it too.
mm98
AG
I had my 2019 Silverado done aftermarket with Katskins. Tegeler Chevy in Sealy basically outsourced it through All Out Offroad at their cost of $920, plus tax. Other places wanted $1300-$1600.

Great deal for me. Love the look.
Enviroag02
AG
mm98 said:

I had my 2019 Silverado done aftermarket with Katskins. Tegeler Chevy in Sealy basically outsourced it through All Out Offroad at their cost of $920, plus tax. Other places wanted $1300-$1600.

What color did you go with? I'm thinking the mahogany color in the K1778-100 package.
mm98
AG
Enviroag02 said:

mm98 said:

What color did you go with? I'm thinking the mahogany color in the K1778-100 package.
Black
mt3950
AG
For guys that have put black katzkin in a ford truck...how well does the katzkin match the black leather that ford puts on the console?
mm98
AG
mt3950 said:

For guys that have put black katzkin in a ford truck...how well does the katzkin match the black leather that ford puts on the console?

Wouldn't the katskinz kit include leather for the console?
mt3950
AG
The dealer I'm working with said they've done both and both look good. I'm just wondering if anyone here has had it done. Adding leather to the console doesn't quite look as clean around the corners as the factory leather.
DeWrecking Crew
Happy delivery day....walked in the door today and find my Katzskins have been delivered a week early.

Enviroag02
AG
can't wait to follow your install!...are you DIY'ing it or having an installer do it?
DeWrecking Crew
I'm doing it...I have lots of left over beer from July 4th, but it can't be any more frustrating than installing the center console
Madman
AG
We have used them twice. Both times superior to the factory option.
bam02
AG
Please report back on your install experience. I have been wanting to do this myself.
drewbie
AG
Where did you purchase the katzkin from? I've been debating going the Katzkin route vs coverking neosupeme seats. Was leaning toward neosupreme mostly because those are slip on covers and easier to install.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.