Swollen Lug Nuts

10,005 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by drumboy
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"The guy at CostCo told me that my nuts were swollen when getting tires last week"

I hope he was gentle.
dodger02
AG
Worst shopping experience ever.
Picard
AG
schmendeler said:

"The guy at CostCo told me that my nuts were swollen when getting tires last week"

I hope he was gentle.

They only sell new nuts by the bag

BenTheGoodAg
AG
They could be more environmentally friendly and sell them by the sack.
Picard
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

They could be more environmentally friendly and sell them by the sack.

I feel like we've taken this too far

El_Guero512
Well after reading the nightmares about Ford F150 lug nuts. I went ahead and order the Gorilla ones you posted. Only had the truck six months so shouldnt be a pain to replace them. Thanks for the heads up guys.
bevokilla
AG
dodger02 said:

I won't go to Discount any more after they up-sold me on tires twice. Both times I called and made an appointment for a specific set of tires and both times I showed up with confirmation email in hand and was told the tires I wanted weren't available, wouldn't be available for a long time, but more expensive and "better" ones were. The first time, I bit the bullet. The second time, I walked out.
Had this happen to be twice as well but both times I got upgraded for free without asking.
Builder93
AG
I know this thread is getting stale but I still giggle when I see the title.
Aggieangler93
AG
bevokilla said:

dodger02 said:

I won't go to Discount any more after they up-sold me on tires twice. Both times I called and made an appointment for a specific set of tires and both times I showed up with confirmation email in hand and was told the tires I wanted weren't available, wouldn't be available for a long time, but more expensive and "better" ones were. The first time, I bit the bullet. The second time, I walked out.
Had this happen to be twice as well but both times I got upgraded for free without asking.
I would have told them, gimme what I paid for, something better, or gimme my money back! I have never known Discount to be bad to work with.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
MouthBQ98
AG
When this happened to me, I hemmed and hawed a bit and acted like I was going to wait, and they then offered me the "better" tires for just about the same price as the tires I requested online.
Vernada
AG
bevokilla said:

dodger02 said:

That's what I was going to post... the only time I had this happen, I didn't even have an appt. I had found tires I wanted on their website, showed up, the store didn't have those in stock, but offered to put on better ones for the same price.
The Lost
Thank god my truck tire only had deflated some, not gone flat after noted in other thread bent wheel. When fixing it today there was one lugnut that the guy struggled to get off, no way I could have with the Ford tool. Going to replace them all.
AgsWin2011
AG
I ordered a set of the gorilla lug nuts and should be here today. Hoping they get here soon enough I can take them to Discount Tire to have them change them out for me. Knowing Discount Tire and their service, do you think they'll change them out for free? They usually fix my flats free of charge.
YellAg2004
AG
Heismenberg said:

I ordered a set of the gorilla lug nuts and should be here today. Hoping they get here soon enough I can take them to Discount Tire to have them change them out for me. Knowing Discount Tire and their service, do you think they'll change them out for free? They usually fix my flats free of charge.
Interested in this as well.
Picard
AG
Heismenberg said:

Discount Tire does tire rotations for free. Just go in there for a tire rotation and have them swap the lug nuts while they're at it.

It's in all how you sell it
drumboy
AG
Swapped out all of the lug nuts on my Tundra and it's amazing how the 22mm impact fits the new ones. I actually stripped one of the old ones but luckily I still had a lug/lock removal socket in the tool box.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.