Texas Trailer License Plate Lookup Help

4,940 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by matthopp
matthopp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am in the process of selling an old farm trailer; the trailer has been sitting, I cant find the old license plate and I know the registration is out. However, I do have a copy of the most recent registration (2015). The problem I have, I had two farm trailers (one sold) and two old registrations (both registered as homebuilt) that I am not sure which goes with the trailer I am trying to sell.

I really just want to get rid of trailer at this point and want to pass the registration pain to the buyer, but he is asking for any old registration information I may have to help him with registration.

Thanks for any help!

PM or email agmatt at gmail
Rexter
There is no pain. He just needs to tell them it's a homemade trailer that he has never registered before since it's been on his farm since he made it. You can give him a bill of sale to make him feel better.

<4000lb - no title
<4500lb - no inspection
matthopp
AG
Agreed and that's what I keep hinting at but he keeps asking for any registration info and I want it sold.

FWIW, it's an old gooseneck tandem flatbed great for hauling hay.
Mookie
AG
Most counties now require a sheriffs inspection before doing a homemade trailer reg. If they find a vin or other ID, it could be problematic for the buyer.

If it is truly a homemade trailer then you should be fine.
Silvy
AG
matthopp
AG
Got what I needed, thanks!!

And yes, this truly is a homebuilt.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.