Porsche Cayman GTS

4,365 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by NHM Ag
BoDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So an opportunity has come across to purchase a 2018 Cayman GTS for a steal from a soon to be divorced coworker.

Buddy claims that the Cayman is a chick car and it will really look like I am "trying to hard." Pretty much his stance when it comes to Porsches is 911 or GTFO. Nevermind the fact that it is a GTS....

I think it would be a pretty cool weekend ride and since I am an old middle aged married dude, why should I even care?

Just curious to hear the opinions of the in the know Texags car crowd. Thanks and BTHO OSU!!
Mateo84
AG
I think your buddy sounds like a jealous idiot
ac04
get a new buddy
tk for tu juan
Any one that thinks the Cayman is a "chicks car" should stop talking about cars.

aggieforester05
AG
Only a chick car if it's missing the third pedal. Otherwise it's a lightweight mid engine sports car with moderate power. I'd drive it!
'03ag
The Cayman GTS is awesome. Your buddy is wrong.
schmendeler
AG
I bet if you broke it down statistically SUVs are much more of chick cars than mid engined sports cars.
Furlock Bones
AG
The Cayman is a fantastic ride. The GTS is icing. Do it. You absolutely will not regret it.
An Ag in CO
AG
Buy the Cayman, ditch the buddy.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Sounds like he is discouraging you from buying it because he can't afford either one and is jealous at your opportunity.
Matsui
AG
Badass car. Get it.
JamesPShelley
The 2018 is a beautiful car, and far from a hairdresser's vehicle.

If you haven't driven a P car you'll find the handling is unlike other rides. While I don't own one quite so new (I own a garage queen 986) I do look forward to a weekend on the windies... maybe 5,000 miles a year.

My money says it would be a purchase you wouldn't regret and, if you don't purchase it... one day it will be a regret. Kids raised? You deserve it!

Get it! Drive it!
HumbleAg04
AG
Who gives a **** about the 3rd pedal, the PDK is unbelievable. Get the car.

The feel and response of the PDK did not have me kicking floorboards looking for the clutch like other shiftable autos. It is phenomenal.
V8Aggie
AG
Tumble Weed
Does your buddy drive a white F-150?

meggy09
AG
Everybody knows the Boxster is the chick car in the Porsche lineup.
EMY92
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Any one that thinks the Cayman is a "chicks car" should stop talking about cars.

Is that a check engine light on in the dash?
BrazosDog02
AG
I've owned one car in my life and it is the only one I've driven...a 1970 442. Everything else I've owned since being able to drive has been a Ford truck. As a dude who considers himself far more non woman like than most dudes, a Porsche is the one car I would certainly like to have in any vintage. You're buddy is wrong. If you can afford it and it's available, go for it. It looks like a badass ride. That said, I'd also drive a 1979 Chevy truck or a new Mustang With a V8 so my opinion may not be great. I've just never been one to give a lot of **** about what some other ***** nozzle thinks of what I drive. If I like it, I'm going to get it.
BoDog
AG
Kind of what I thought. I am going to tell my buddy to pound sand.

Now I just have to sell the wife that the kids may have to do community college for a year or two, but atleast we will have a ton of fun!!!
hatchback
AG
Most definitely not a "chicks car" especially in GTS form.

TXTransplant
I just got the family discount on a 2015 Boxster. I was nervous about it at first, but it's been a great decision. Good friend (male) has a Cayman. Get it and enjoy it!

If you raised your kids right, they should be encouraging you to get it!
Duncan Idaho
Make sure you let your body know how much fun it is but never ever let him ride in it much less drive it.
dodger02
AG
Tumble Weed said:

Does your buddy drive a white F-150?

I do, and I want a Cayman!
drumboy
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

As a dude who considers himself far more non woman like than most dudes

JamesPShelley
meggy09 said:

Everybody knows the Boxster is the chick car in the Porsche lineup.
I suppose... it was purchased for my wife.

gggmann
AG
It would depend on how much of a "steal" it is.

I took a quick glance at asking prices for 2018 718 GTS's on cargurus. You can get a 996 turbo with the x50 option for less, and you can get a mid-mileage 997 turbo for just a bit more.

As far as your friend, I guess he never heard of the 959?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Not so much that Boxster and Cayman are chick cars. It's the inner voice that says "should've got a 911."

From experience.
AggieDruggist89
AG
BoDog said:

Kind of what I thought. I am going to tell my buddy to pound sand.

Now I just have to sell the wife that the kids may have to do community college for a year or two, but atleast we will have a ton of fun!!!

Not sure how old your kids are. But when my kids were little, wife and I couldn't go for a joy ride in a Boxster without a babysitter.

But with 911, we put the kids in the back and had many wonderful rides. Kids typically fell asleep quick with the humming of the engine on their back.
AggieDruggist89
AG
More importantly, she's got a bigger ass...

An Ag in CO
AG
Should've gotten an S, should've gotten a 4S, should've gotten a GTS. should've gotten a Turbo, should've gotten a GT3, should'e gotten a GT2 RS. That's just a fool's game and a Cayman GTS is a phenomenal car. And I say that as a 4S owner.
Duncan Idaho
If your kids were small enough to put in the back seat of a 911, they were small enough to kennel
AggieDruggist89
AG
An Ag in CO said:

Should've gotten an S, should've gotten a 4S, should've gotten a GTS. should've gotten a Turbo, should've gotten a GT3, should'e gotten a GT2 RS. That's just a fool's game and a Cayman GTS is a phenomenal car. And I say that as a 4S owner.

So.... Is 4S a Boxster or Cayman?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

If your kids were small enough to put in the back seat of a 911, they were small enough to kennel

Nah....
AggieDruggist89
AG
Don't get me wrong. Not dissing Cayman or Boxster. Had a Boxster and I felt it drove better than 911...for me at least.
An Ag in CO
AG
Quote:

So.... Is 4S a Boxster or Cayman?

It's actually a 911. Are you being serious or just an ass on this thread?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.