Ford Mustang Mach-E

5,999 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tim Weaver
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
John Wick is not going to like this.
nortex97
AG
I would be very hesitant to trust a $5,000 Ford battery in Texas summers long term. But maybe that's just me.
BigRobSA
Martin Cash said:

John Wick is not going to like this.
Imagine the carnage if a Mach-E killed his dog.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......!
BrazosDog02
AG
I think we need to have a "Real People" commercial where Mahk talks about the this Mach.
nortex97
AG
What I would like to see is Jeremy Clarkson do a review of this thing, and then maybe something creatively violent.
cav14
It's just you. Temperatures below freezing do much more harm and degradation than temperatures above 100 degrees.
drumboy
AG
cav14 said:

It's just you. Temperatures below freezing do much more harm and degradation than temperatures above 100 degrees.
That's good to hear. A while back I was thinking about getting my wife a hybrid QX60 but a friend with a Volt and lots of EV knowledge said that Nissan hybrids didn't do well (battery capacity) in hot climates.
tk for tu juan
aggieforester05
AG
Well that looked fun!
Furlock Bones
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Well that looked fun!
yep. that was amazing. everything except for the sound.
GAC06
AG
Good Lord what's with that noise?
V8Aggie
AG
Good God... I'd rather have a silent video than listen to that *****
Buck Turgidson
The ricer crowd might like it. I don't.
GAC06
AG
Does it actually make that noise, and if so why? Tesla's are pretty much silent. Is that something Ford did on purpose?
aggieforester05
AG
I think I'd want to be able to hear some electric motor whine as long as I can turn it on and off if it's more than barely audible.
crowman2010
AG
Sounds like Wall-E having his O moment...over and over and over again
Prune Tracy
tk for tu juan
GAC06 said:

Does it actually make that noise, and if so why? Tesla's are pretty much silent. Is that something Ford did on purpose?

Some of the articles say there is a LRAD 100X speaker behind the diffuser that makes the noise. For some reason they went with a whine that sounds like straight cut gears in a race car. Could also be the front and rear differentials whining.
Tim Weaver
Yeah, that's high speed gear mesh noise. Not electric motor noise. Thats fake.

And it's stupid. Might as well make it elephant mating calls, or just one long, perpetual fart noise.

Oh, and the name..... How could they pass up the chance to call it the Fairlane THUNDERBOLT!?!
tk for tu juan
It does have quick change differentials (mentioned in this video). Definitely where the noise comes from

Tim Weaver
tk for tu juan said:

It does have quick change differentials (mentioned in this video). Definitely where the noise comes from

Makes sense now. This is not the Mach-E. This is a custom one-off design experiment built by a drifter, backed by Ford's bankroll to Hype the super mediocre production version that we will eventually see.

This is fake tits.

Spanx.

Botox

Lip injections

Wig and makeup

This is not the car you will wake up with in the morning while sober.
tk for tu juan
The original video from Ford Performance said "One-of-a-Kind Prototype" in the title, pretty sure no one confused it for the production version
Tim Weaver
tk for tu juan said:

The original video from Ford Performance said "One-of-a-Kind Prototype" in the title, pretty sure no one confused it for the production version
Prototype insinuates that this might be a test-mule or a pre-production version using some of the technology of the actual car. This is none of that. Hell, this thing has 7 motors in it.

I shouldn't be surprised, I know.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.