How does Buick still sell autos in 2019?

12,081 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Finding X
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

This is devastating news to an estimated 4 people in the market...

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/buick-is-killing-its-convertible-cascada-this-year

I actually parked next to one of these this morning. Reminds me of the void Toyota left with the solara.

Ugly.
drumboy
AG
Am I the only one that likes the CrossTour? And the ZDX is sweet too.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
nortex97
AG
It's pretty much your last chance to get a good german built wagon (from Russelheim) under $30K this year (assuming out the door prices/incentives). Most folks won't care, but I think it's pretty sad.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Less talk about Buick's bloated crossovers and more pictures of the Tour X plz

drumboy
AG
I like the TourX and love to see more cool wagons but that article basically says that the Subaru Outback blows it away. I've been telling yall about the Outback but nobody listens.
Burdizzo
AG
The granola quotient of this forum is too low to take Subaru seriously.
drumboy
AG
I know but they don't realize that if you really want a Land Cruiser but your needs/finances are more in line w/ a Camry then your obvious solution is an Outback. Best full time AWD of any car, good ground clearance, and at least in my experience it's the only exotic car oblivious to cops.

I saw one on 10 this morning lifted a bit w/ A/T tires and a roof rack; would be cool if I didn't have so many kids and a dirtbike (that I never ride).

This thing has to have like 10" of ground clearance.
AG
What is better about that thing than a Grand Cherokee, Rav 4, etc?
drumboy
AG
1) Well the main advantage for the Outback is it's not a Jeep, plus Grand Cherokees I'd say are a bit more expensive. Looks like the Outback has .1" more ground clearance so that's a wash and the GC V6 has a little more power than the 3.6L Outback but the Outback gets better mpg. Honestly never looked into Grand Cherokees since my ex-GF's mom & grandparents had them in the 90s and they were always broken. I wouldn't mind a SRT-8 GC though.

2) All Outbacks (and all Subaru's minus the BRZ) have AWD but only the highest end Rav4 gets AWD, which I have no experience with but probably safe to say it's not as good as Subaru's. Could be talking out of my ass and maybe Toyota puts a symmetrical AWD system in their econo-crossover and not one that's FWD based. Rav4 will have a little more torque/hp than the 2.5L Outback but nowhere near the 3.6L engine. Outback also has slightly more ground clearance.

I'd really like to get a clear mid-00 Forester w/ the 2.5L turbo and swap some STi parts onto it.
Dill-Ag13
AG
drumboy you know I'm a subi fan too but this post is about Buicks. Everyone is blasting the encore and no one is posting pictures of the Tour X wagon.
drumboy
AG
I'll start...

When you borrow grandma's sweet wagon to see your mistress in an uptown Brownstone
TexasRebel
AG
lb3
AG
Finding X
Just went and traded the 15 LaCrosse in for a 19 Enclave Avenir.
It's pretty nice and has a few more features - plus it can tow my boat when the truck is hooked to the 5er. She likes the pearl white with the chocolate colored leather interior.

Oh - And no hood portholes... haha

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.