Silverado AFM

6,312 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by barney94
aggie_wes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm curious on the answers as well.

As far as ramifications, you could end up replacing cams, rockers, lifters, etc. Could even be worse,my boss grenaded his 5.3 at around 40k miles because of a stuck lifter. GM replaced the motor.

That's not something I want to do out of my own pocket.
Willis
AG
Does anybody have a recommendation for a mechanic in the Ft. Hood area? I live in Copperas Cove, but am willing to go to someone who is reliable and does the job right.
barney94
AG
big ben - do you have a review on the Range plug-in? Considering getting one.
Corps_Ag12
AG
BigPuma said:

I got a 16. The turbo issue was fixed in 15. I know the cold side pipe could blow. I know the problems with DEF. Those are all more solvable than dropping a new crate motor in that ****ing '14 GMC 1500 that I had. GM was only going to keep putting in new lifters.

Oh no one told you about the CP4 injector pump that could grenade and wreck your entire fuel system including injectors??
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

BigPuma said:

I got a 16. The turbo issue was fixed in 15. I know the cold side pipe could blow. I know the problems with DEF. Those are all more solvable than dropping a new crate motor in that ****ing '14 GMC 1500 that I had. GM was only going to keep putting in new lifters.

Oh no one told you about the CP4 injector pump that could grenade and wreck your entire fuel system including injectors??
Dont buy fuel from shady places and change your fuel filters and drain your Water Separator and you'll be fine.

If you're that paranoid, you can get the disaster prevention kit for a few hundo.
Corps_Ag12
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

BigPuma said:

Dont buy fuel from shady places and change your fuel filters and drain your Water Separator and you'll be fine.

If you're that paranoid, you can get the disaster prevention kit for a few hundo.

I added a lift pump with a fuel filter and a water separator.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

BigPuma said:

I added a lift pump with a fuel filter and a water separator.
Which kit did you get?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Fass 95 GPH i believe. I'm deleted but running stock HP tune.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Nice. I rolled 25K this weekend and have considered deleting as well.
big ben
AG
barney94 said:

big ben - do you have a review on the Range plug-in? Considering getting one.

Truck runs way better, acceleration is much better and I am averaging 4mpg higher, worth it.
cledus6150
AG
I have 120K on my 2014 GMC 5.3 and I have been contemplating doing the AFM delete.
barney94
AG
Thanks Ben! Appreciate the feedback, will pull the trigger
viper14
AG
Are you going through amazon or the range website to get this?
Corps_Ag12
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

Nice. I rolled 25K this weekend and have considered deleting as well.

Yea it threw a code and when I pulled it the code was "Service Emmissions System". Decided it was time to delete rather than jack with the stealership ($600 just to run a DPF "clean out burn"!!) over and over.

I just rolled over 60k. Only had the kit on for 5k or so but truck seems to run a lot better.
barney94
AG
Went through Range
big ben
AG
Barney any feedback?
barney94
AG
So far so good. I'm not daily driving the truck so
I haven't run any mileage calculations or anything. But it definitely runs a hell of a lot stronger with the Range plug-in - it's got noticeably more power even comparing to V8 mode without plugin.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.