2019 Tundra TRD Pro Rumors??

6,212 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

So is the new TRD PRO Tundra showing us the new body style or is not? I'm a little confused.

It's the same body style, just has the hood scoop on it.
aggieforester05
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

How does it drive? I bet it's fun!
Never drove a supercharged taco, but the Tundra was a ton of fun, or about three tons to be accurate. It's a heavy *****, so it's not going to win many races against modern V8 muscle cars, but it was pretty quick for a crew cab 4x4 truck on 33" all terrains. I never went to the track, but took a video of a 5.0 second zero to sixty run and beat a first gen Hennessey Velociraptor 600 by two car lengths from 20 - 90. While there was more than enough high end power, it was the mid range and torque that made it so much fun. A big motor, plus a little TVS blower equals a very responsive low end torque maker. The whine from the TVS 1900 was awesome as well, really miss that with my new truck (TVS 2300 is way too quiet). Fuel economy was not good, but other than a starter that died it was very reliable.
Bob_Ag
AG
Recently test drove a Tundra. Damn they are proud of those trucks. I used to own one so I know they are well made and reliable, but couldn't believe how little they were coming off MSRP. Funny thing is that I knew the exact cost of each truck on the lot including the dealer costs. Pretty expensive for a truck that hasn't had a major overhaul in over a decade.
aggieforester05
AG
Bob_Ag said:

Recently test drove a Tundra. Damn they are proud of those trucks. I used to own one so I know they are well made and reliable, but couldn't believe how little they were coming off MSRP. Funny thing is that I knew the exact price of each truck on the lot including the dealer costs. Pretty expensive for a truck that hasn't had a major overhaul in over a decade.
I do like them, but I couldn't see myself buying basically the same truck as my 2007 was for $50K. The powertrain hasn't changed at all and some of the interior stuff is actually worse.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I can see your point. My circumstance is a bit different because I came from a 2012 F-150 to the 2018 Tundra and there is a big difference for me. The big differences between this and my old truck being more tow capacity (7,500 compared to 11,000#), more legroom in the back, navigation, adaptive cruise control, and what I believe to be more a more reliable truck. My Ford was giving me problems.
saltydog13
AG
I got my 2017 for $6000 off Msrp
aggieforester05
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I can see your point. My circumstance is a bit different because I came from a 2012 F-150 to the 2018 Tundra and there is a big difference for me. The big differences between this and my old truck being more tow capacity (7,500 compared to 11,000#), more legroom in the back, navigation, adaptive cruise control, and what I believe to be more a more reliable truck. My Ford was giving me problems.
I don't blame you, you'll love your Tundra, great truck. Just feels like you're driving a bullet proof tonka truck or something. I only jumped ship due to mileage/age and finding a deal I couldn't pass up on an F150.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I have 1 year left under warranty. At some point once it expires I want to put the Magnuson built Tundra in my '16 Pro.

The rub currently is it is flex fuel, and I still don't believe anyone has built a 100% guaranteed tune for the Magnuson to run flex without something very very bad happening. I haven't researched in a few months, but last I did, it was hit or miss. Some persons had no problems, some couldn't get the truck to run right.
saltydog13
AG
Magnuson makes the Flex Fuel specific supercharger now.
saltydog13
AG
Right on cue with the yeti products
aggieforester05
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

I have 1 year left under warranty. At some point once it expires I want to put the Magnuson built Tundra in my '16 Pro.

The rub currently is it is flex fuel, and I still don't believe anyone has built a 100% guaranteed tune for the Magnuson to run flex without something very very bad happening. I haven't researched in a few months, but last I did, it was hit or miss. Some persons had no problems, some couldn't get the truck to run right.

Contact DAP Tuning in Dallas. There's a guy named Forest there that tunes the supercharged tundra on dyno. Only shop there is that's cracked the ecu other than bullydog canned tunes. There's a Facebook group called supercharged tundras that several aftermarket parts guys and a lot of owners post on. Great info there.
HBCanine08
AG
saltydog09 said:

Right on cue with the yeti products

HBCanine08
AG
Lots of pics here

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/2019-toyota-trd-pro-updated-for-more-dirt-slaying-fun/26/
aggie_fan13
AG
Not a fan of the snorkel on the tacoma, also the tires look small
Pahdz
Tundra thoughts:

Love - sunroof, hood scoop

Hate - the new Pro grill (I have a 2015 TSS tire/sticker package with the Pro grill, so I'm partial, just not sure I like the new one

I have absolutely little use for the suspension, but love the exhaust. I'll probably waste my money on one when my 2015 is due for replacement. Actually, by then, the redesign will be complete so who knows what the hell will be available at that point.
saltydog13
AG
Non functional hood scoops that only add a blinding glare for the driver
Garrelli 5000
AG
Thanks!
Garrelli 5000
AG
Thanks!
Pahdz
saltydog09 said:

is it non-functional? who am I kidding it probably is
bedofbrass33
AG
Pahdz said:

saltydog09 said:

is it non-functional? who am I kidding it probably is

I have a 4Runner TRD Off-road and the hood scoop is 100% non-functional. But I love it cause *****es love hood scoops.

Also, does that new rack on the 4Runner look like a left over FJ Cruiser rack to anyone else? Must have found some in a warehouse in Japan and they decided to slap them on.
drmwvr
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

OXDL45 said:

You didn't mention Yeti anywhere in that post about me.
Oh yeah. forgot the yeti sticker, but the driver doesnt own a yeti cooler.

Probably bought a cup or maybe just the sticker on ebay....

Wait...are you saying I can sell all my stickers on Ebay? I'm going to be rich!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
drmwvr said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

OXDL45 said:

You didn't mention Yeti anywhere in that post about me.
Oh yeah. forgot the yeti sticker, but the driver doesnt own a yeti cooler.

Probably bought a cup or maybe just the sticker on ebay....

Wait...are you saying I can sell all my stickers on Ebay? I'm going to be rich!
Its big business.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.