Find owner/operator of commercial trailer driving dangerously

1,996 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CanyonAg77
tmtxco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As I was driving with my family on 2818 near Hwy 6 in Bryan today, I had an aggressive tractor/trailer driver almost crash into our SUV. I've already called DPS and they said they'd check it out but that I should have called 911 immediately. My wife did manage to take a photo of the trailer plates.

Though I was driving the speed limit, they came upon me fast and without giving sufficient room for a sudden stop. Less than a mile or so later, I turned on my blinker and slowed down to turn down a road. He blew by me on the shoulder as I was waiting for another approaching 18-wheeler to pass. A pair of 18 wheelers in different directions plus my vehicle with wife & kids in two lanes of traffic with little shoulder.

Is there a way to lookup the owner of a commercial trailer with Texas plates? I'd like to file a complaint with the owner/employer. Any other suggestions also appreciated.

Plates are removed... issue resolved.
EskimoJoe
Should have got the DOT # a Google search would get you fixed up quick.
aggiepaintrain
AG
post the plate broseph
tmtxco
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

post the plate broseph
Plates posted in the original message. Thanks!
aggiepaintrain
AG
Here you go brotato chip

OWNER TRUSS OPS TRUCKING LLC,,P.O. BOX 817,,HENDERSON,TX,75653
Rexter
http://www.quicktransportsolutions.com/truckingcompany/texas/truss-ops-trucking-llc-usdot-2645151.php

Call and ask for the safety manager. Detail the situation and then get his thoughts about you filing a DOT complaint. That will wake him up for sure.
tmtxco
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Here you go brotato chip

OWNER TRUSS OPS TRUCKING LLC,,P.O. BOX 817,,HENDERSON,TX,75653
Thank you bromnipotent one.

I called and spoke with his supervisor, who was initially very defensive but grew to realize his driver was in the wrong as the conversation went on.

He initially stated his driver wasn't speeding and that he could tell on GPS. I said, "OK, let's see." We quickly established that his driver was speeding at the specific point that I said.

He said "He was only going 58 at X intersection." I said yeah, that was when I was stopped in the road with my blinker on. He passed me at 58mph on the partial shoulder of 2818. Another point established.

He also wasn't pleased to hear about his driver's 1-finger salute after I honked when he blew by me.

Thanks again for the help TexAgs. Hopefully, the driver will exercise more caution in the future now that he knows he can be identified in an hour or less.
sts7049
AG
internet justice
aggieforester05
AG
I was behind a unifirst truck swerving from one edge of the roadway to the other at 70mph for ten miles one night on I-20. We called 911 and they said they'd send a trooper and they never did. The truck would exit and then get back on the roadway like he was trying to lose us. I kept 911 up to date, but it didn't seem like they cared. I contacted unifirst the next day and they said the driver seemed fine when he came into their hub and that they warned him about unsafe driving.
Rexter
If you can get a DOT number, call it in to them and open a complaint. You will get action and a response, and if it warrants, DOT will do an audit. Those can get expensive very quickly for a shady company.
Ag for Life
AG
Is it just me or does the quality of big truck drivers seem to be in a steep decline?
aggieforester05
AG
Ag for Life said:

Is it just me or does the quality of big truck drivers seem to be in a steep decline?

They definitely drive like aholes!
Matsui
AG
I don't work in that business but I hire trucks weekly. It's a tough job and itnisnt like your cream
Of thrbcrop kids are becoming truck drivers.
IDAGG
AG
Ag for Life said:

I have read that the turnover rate for over the road truckers is nearly 100% annually. It is a tough life if you have family. I understand they are having to increase the pay to find enough drivers. So I imagine that given their constant need to hire they are having to scrape the bottom of the barrel so to speak.

And I agree with your premise. I see a lot of passive aggressive driving from truckers that just wasn't there even 10 years ago. I see the "rolling roadblocks" a lot where they will drive side by side on the Interstate for many miles while cars stack up behind them.
ChemEAg08
AG
Ag for Life said:

Trucking industry is really tight right now (even before hurricane Harvey). People are not wanting to drive trucks for a living like they used to, and wages are going up quite significantly for drivers, so I'd imagine there are some less than desirable drivers coming in with companies to meet demand.
CATAGBQ04
AG
I remember when I got my CDL in 2006ish...I got a 99 on the written and passed the driving test with flying colors.

The DMV ladies were stunned...they said it usually takes drivers 4-5 times to pass it...based of the crap I see in Houston that makes sense...I'm not that bright either
clarythedrill
IDAGG said:

Ag for Life said:

I have read that the turnover rate for over the road truckers is nearly 100% annually. It is a tough life if you have family. I understand they are having to increase the pay to find enough drivers. So I imagine that given their constant need to hire they are having to scrape the bottom of the barrel so to speak.

And I agree with your premise. I see a lot of passive aggressive driving from truckers that just wasn't there even 10 years ago. I see the "rolling roadblocks" a lot where they will drive side by side on the Interstate for many miles while cars stack up behind them.
Yep, that comes from some major trucking companies governing their trucks at 62 mph, which I guess helps keep the insurance down per truck. And since 62 mph is different on each truck, you have one going just slightly faster than the other, taking a mile or more to pass. Swift and CR England are terrible for this.....among other things.
sts7049
AG
a catag sighting!
VitruvianAg
AG
Not to worry, Elon is on it!
IDAGG
AG
clarythedrill said:

IDAGG said:

Yep, that comes from some major trucking companies governing their trucks at 62 mph, which I guess helps keep the insurance down per truck. And since 62 mph is different on each truck, you have one going just slightly faster than the other, taking a mile or more to pass. Swift and CR England are terrible for this.....among other things.
That explains a lot actually. That is actually what happens, semi swerves out right in front of cars in left lane to pass another semi. Is doing 2/10 mph faster than the semi being passed. Slowwwwwly passes, comes to slight hill, now doing same speed. Goes on for miles. Repeat as needed.
CanyonAg77
AG
Yep, the governed and/or monitored trucks are to blame.

Well, that, and anal orifice drivers.

Between AMA and ABQ on I-40, I'll see truckers braking as they go down hills to keep their speed down. Whatever fuel savings gained by limiting MPH is lost as the truck struggles up the next hill. And brake life is less.

Stupid bean counters.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.