2017 Honda Pilot - Interior

1,644 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
little blue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm considering buying the 2017 Honda Pilot, but not sure about the quality of the cloth seats. Does anyone have the Pilot with cloth seats? It seems like they could stain so easily but I could be wrong.

We have a kid so durability of seats is definitely a factor for us. I prefer cloth to leather just for heat factor but if the cloth seats are that terrible, it might be worth it to get leather or at least some seat protectors.
Wife is an Aggie
We bought a 2017 Pilot this summer but went with the EX-L trim, which has leather. Live in Houston and not once have I thought to myself about how hot the seats are... With kids myself I couldn't imagine cloth seats due to the amount of stuff they spill. I do use the remote start quite a bit though to get the car started before I enter.

Overall, been very happy with the Pilot. Not the most exciting thing to drive but we bought this as a family hauler. The thing I love the most is we did not want bucket seats but still wanted to be able to access the third row easily when needed even with the car seats installed. The Pilot has three sets of latch anchors in the middle bench so I was able to put both my kids seats on the 60 portion of the 60/40 bench and still use the one touch system to access the third row with no issues. The third row is also pretty dang spacious.. I am a tad bit over 5'10" and wouldn't have a problem sitting back there for a couple hours if needed.

If you don't want a minivan and need something to haul lots of people and don't want to spend the $45K-60K+ on the biggest SUVs I think the Pilot is a pretty solid choice.
10andBOUNCE
AG
+1 for leather and being able to wipe away whatever kids spill back there
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
little blue said:

I'm considering buying the 2017 Honda Pilot, but not sure about the quality of the cloth seats. Does anyone have the Pilot with cloth seats? It seems like they could stain so easily but I could be wrong.

We have a kid so durability of seats is definitely a factor for us. I prefer cloth to leather just for heat factor but if the cloth seats are that terrible, it might be worth it to get leather or at least some seat protectors.

Husky Liners for the floor, Wet Okole or Covercraft neoprene seat covers.
bkag9824
AG
Bought one with cloth earlier this year. Kids have been stashed in the second row and don't have any real complaints.

We use car seat protectors like the ones linked below to catch stuff that drops. Easy to clean.

We also bought MaxLiner floor mats for all three rows plus back cargo area. Good fit & more affordable than Husky/WeatherTech.

https://www.target.com/p/brica-seat-guardian-car-seat-protector-gray/-/A-14373053?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=1014612&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsPSe5qTp1gIVBUSGCh271w2uEAQYAyABEgKd2vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Too bad you cant order like a NATO spec Land Cruiser with vinyl floor and seats....
little blue
Thank you for your very detailed reply! I'm currently driving a mini-van right now (not by choice) and while it will be hard to give up the room, the Pilot does seem like a great alternative.

little blue
1agswitchin4lanes said:

little blue said:

Husky Liners for the floor, Wet Okole or Covercraft neoprene seat covers.
Thanks, I'll probably look into these. If we don't splurge for leather. Tough call. But the seat covers would definitely help if we got cloth!
reproag
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Too bad you cant order like a NATO spec Land Cruiser with vinyl floor and seats....
I can get you one.
An Ag in CO
AG
Quote:

I'm currently driving a mini-van right now (not by choice)

Not by choice? What type of extortion has you driving a mini van? Must be something extreme.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
reproag said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I can get you one.
Oh?
Macarthur
With kids, leather is always the way to go.
Amores_los_seelberados
Macarthur said:

With kids, leather is always the way to go.
I agree. And they look nicer too.

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/8329339+w660+h495+cr1/0709_tr_10_z%2B2004_chevy_silverado%2Bdark_alligator_leather_seats.jpg
mudbutt07
Leather all the way. We were kinda in the same boat last year, minus the minivan, and the wife wanted a new car. We looked at the highlander, pilot, and mazda cx-9. Ended up with the cx-9 because the wife liked it the most out of all of them. I've been really impressed with it so far and we've had it for one year, zero issues, 22k miles, average 25.6 mpg, and it will fly when you hit the gas pedal. 3rd seat is nice and spacious, but with it up, the cargo space is pretty small. The pilot was our second choice and highlander 3rd.

I hope it'll last as long as a toyota or honda but that remains to be seen. She traded in a 2007 highlander with 220k miles for this and that thing never had an issue. Not trying to derail the thread but there are some nice options for that car segment.
little blue
How does leather hold up in the sun? My car is in the sun 100% of the time (surface lot at work, no garage).
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
little blue said:

How does leather hold up in the sun? My car is in the sun 100% of the time (surface lot at work, no garage).
With regular conditioning and cleaning, its fine.

I'd suggest in the summers to crack the windows a little bit or get vent visors to help it not get TOO hot.

The quarter windows pivot on the rear of these things, dont they?
FIDO*98*
AG
Go with cloth and if it doesn't work or when they look worn out have them replaced with Katskins leather seats. Katskins will cost far less and is higher quality than factory leather.
Macarthur
little blue said:

How does leather hold up in the sun?

They are fine, but I would certainly suggest window tint and a windshield shade.
reproag
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

reproag said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I can get you one.
Oh?
And by get you one I mean a LC you can modify how you want it. Can't import the NATO ones unfortunately.
sts7049
AG
so...you mean you can just sell him a LC
JSKolache
AG
What ever happened to no eating and drinking in the car? Esp toddlers...
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
beefiedoubleoh said:

What ever happened to no eating and drinking in the car? Esp toddlers...
You'd need noise cancelling headphones.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.