CARVANA

5,959 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 2ndChanceAg96
12th Man Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone checked these folks out? Pricing looks good, but I don't know much about checking the quality of the stuff they are selling.
Mookie
AG
Their reconditioning program is second to none.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Sarcasm?
Macarthur
Their prices seem high to me.
Mookie
AG
No seriously. Their recon centers are amazing.
12th Man Ag
AG
I only checked one vehicle against the KBB value and it was about $1000 lower at CARVANA.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
12th Man Ag said:

I only checked one vehicle against the KBB value and it was about $1000 lower at CARVANA.

That doesn't suck.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The vending machine concept is interesting....
KY AG
AG
Friend of mine here in Nashville recently purchased a vehicle from them and was very pleased. They have an interesting "take it for a few days, return it no questions asked" policy.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I have a friend from high school who works at one of the reconditioning shops for them. From what he's told me, they put a lot of work into making the cars clean up well.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
I purchased my last vehicle through them and I can say the experience was great for me.
Macarthur
12th Man Ag said:

Hmm. Interesting.

PLUM LOCO
AG
There is a new location opening at I10/1604 in NW San Antonio.
BigRobSA
PLUM LOCO said:

There is a new location opening at I10/1604 in NW San Antonio.

Drove by it the other day.

I was like "Dafuq!?". Of course, TA would provide the intell on it.
The Original AG 76
AG
are they like CARMAX with price firm or do they negotiate ?
Buck O Five
AG
KY AG said:

Friend of mine here in Nashville recently purchased a vehicle from them and was very pleased. They have an interesting "take it for a few days, return it no questions asked" policy.

My girlfriend is taking a few day trial of a lambo superleggera around Austin right now.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Opened this thread to join in on the CARAVAN minivan thread.....
Corps_Ag12
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

are they like CARMAX with price firm or do they negotiate ?

I believe it's like Carmax, since the whole buying experience can be remote (ie over the internet). But I could be wrong on that.
aggieforester05
AG
Sounds good, maybe I'll take this Z/28 for a few days to make sure I like it:

Carvana 2014 Z/28

Also, didn't know they had dropped in value that much.
PLUM LOCO
AG
@ $742/month the price needs to drop a lot more for me to bite.
DannyDuberstein
AG
My neighbor bought through Carvana and was very happy with the process. About a month ago, I was a hair away from pulling the trigger on a Lexus from them before finding a slightly better deal locally.

From what I gathered in my research (and keeping an eye on things since then since I'll be in the market again early next year), their pricing is competitive, but it wasn't that difficult to find a little better deal locally. That said, the 7 day trial definitely has value.
Mateo84
AG
Similar to the Carmax concept, but I like this one better
https://www.carvana.com

I really don't need the used car salesman to tell me how much he doesn't know about the vehicle that I already know I want to buy. Might try them out for my next purchase.
Whitetail
AG
Seems like an awesome concept. Prices seem reasonable for the few searches I have done.
bigtruckguy3500
Bump. Anyone bought from them personally have experience? I'm in the market for a commuter car and just happened to stumble upon one in their inventory in Houston that I like, as well as one elsewhere. Just curious as to experiences with shipping, the 7 day return policy, condition of vehicles, etc.

And some of these prices look really quite good.

Also, I think if I use your referral code I get $500 off my purchase. Not sure what you get.

Thanks
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I've always been able to find$ 500-1500 lower. And I've had no problems with car dealers letting me test drive over the weekend. Sure some have said no but most are cool with it.
JimmyHouston
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Bump. Anyone bought from them personally have experience? I'm in the market for a commuter car and just happened to stumble upon one in their inventory in Houston that I like, as well as one elsewhere. Just curious as to experiences with shipping, the 7 day return policy, condition of vehicles, etc.

Also, I think if I use your referral code I get $500 off my purchase. Not sure what you get.

Thanks

I just did it and I must say I have never had an easier car buying experience.

For the vehicle I wanted (2014 Cadillac coupe) I couldn't find a better price than carvana. I literally "bought" the car from my iPhone, while getting dressed for work one morning and it took all of 10 minutes. The car was delivered to my doorstep at the time I wanted - 6pm on a weekday. I test drove it while the guy waited and easily could have said no thanks at that time but it was in better shape than I actually expected. Singing of the papers took maybe 5 minutes and he was gone.

Have had the car for abt 40 days now and super happy. Maybe I could have gotten a better deal but I didn't see one and the fact that it was so easy and I didn't have to enter a dealership on a weekend was worth $500-1000 to me. The car doesn't have any Carvana badging (one of my pet peeves with dealerships) and has a few different warranty options in case it's necessary.

They call you on day 6 of ownership and ask if you want to keep the car or give it back. I can't speak of the ease in regards to returns but if it's anything like the buying process then I really believe it is probably no questions asked.

I will use them again when we look to buy my wife a new car next year. Oh and I did not have a vehicle to trade in so I can't speak abt that either.

I am currently traveling but happy to share a referral code with you (although not 100% sure they gave me one) when I get home on Saturday.

Good luck
2ndChanceAg96
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Thanks
I purchased a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe from them in September of 2016. The price was great and the buying experience was as simple as it gets. I didn't have a trade-in so can't say anything about that. The 7 day return policy is great but you are limited to 450 miles max within that period. Does not matter where you purchase from. Mine came from Tennessee and was delivered right to my door on time in a special Carvana truck. The condition of the vehicle was great and there were no surprises. At the end of the day you just can't beat the ease and simplicity of this car buying experience. I would do it again.
I may have some referral cards at home. I can check and see if they have expired or not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.