Gas vs. Diesel

15 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mm98
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Wonderer said:

AgEng06 said:

The Wonderer said:

Wait, looking at that chart again, it appears that the 6.2L only came with Max Tow. The lower numbers are for the HD edition F150. If he has the 6.2L, then he's good for >11,000#.
Yeah, but he did mention he has a 2012 F-150 w/ the 6.2L, so he either has a HD edition or a Raptor. The Raptor is only rated to 8,000 lb.
No, the Lariat and Platinum lines had it as an option with SCrew configuration and Max Tow required.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=F-150&year=2012&postalCode=43566

Page 26 and 28 under the "Mechanical" section.
6.2L was available in XL and XLT if you had a Fleet ID number....
Aggielandma12
AG
Anybody own a 2017 F250 with the 6.2L 2 Valve Gas SOHC EFI NA V8 (Flex-Fuel) Engine?
Corps_Ag12
AG
PFG does, he may be along after while.
Aggielandma12
AG
cool. I'm going to go test drive one in about an hour. Just curious what other folks think that own one.
The Wonderer
AG
Aggielandma12 said:

Anybody own a 2017 F250 with the 6.2L 2 Valve Gas SOHC EFI NA V8 (Flex-Fuel) Engine?
CATAG has a '16 I believe. Not sure if he'll be by though.
Aggielandma12
AG
Just test drove one. I couldn't tell any difference, I think for my purposes I'm going with gas. I'm not going to pull anything, so I would only be getting diesel for the bro factor. I'm married with 3 kids ,so I lost that a long time ago
PFG
AG
Yes, I do own a 2017 6.2.

Lariat
4.30 gears
20's

Ask away, happy to answer any questions.
Aggielandma12
AG
PFG said:

Yes, I do own a 2017 6.2.

Lariat
4.30 gears
20's

Ask away, happy to answer any questions.

Any complaints? I'm about to pull the trigger on the same thing. 2017 F250, lariat, with ultimate package.
PFG
AG
Quote:

Any complaints? I'm about to pull the trigger on the same thing. 2017 F250, lariat, with ultimate package

If you're going to pony up for the Ultimate package on the Lariat, just click the box to add the LED headlights. They look awesome, and light the world up. I didn't get them becase I refused to pay extra for the Ultimate package. I didn't want Ford's navigation, because these trucks come with Sync3 and Apple Car play - you can project your phone's Apple maps onto the screen. Along with your Pandor, Podcasts, and a handful of other Apps.

Love the truck and the 6.2. Ford did good changing the transmission for the gasser. Very responsive and plenty of torque. I do have the 4.30s, so even a little more jump when running unloaded. I'm getting 12-13 with city driving, and 15 on the highway 70 and under. Nearing 5000 miles and computer says 13.2 for life of the truck. If I had to guess, its going to be a 13.5mph truck all said and done. I'm good with that having saved $8500 from the 6.7 and no headaches with sensors, DEF, etc.

Very few complaints. Most are just pickey items:

1) Really tall truck. Wife/kids need steps. I'm resisting because I like how clean it looks without steps, and I don't want to spend $1200 for the AMPs. It looks great this tall, awesome stance, looks huge - but getting into the bed/reaching into the bed isn't easy. If I were going to order agian, I would pony up for the bed step. Ford did good and got it off the tailgaite and put it inside the tailgate.

2) Paint is thin. Don't know if this is from alum panels + paint or just how today's auto paint works - but they are easy to scratch. I came from a 15 year old black truck and had to work to scratch it. On this one - sliding a cooler across the bed and you get some character marks. Don't have a bed liner, will probably end up with one.

3) Some of the interior knobs feel cheap. Trying to keep my kid from playing up front - could easily see the climate control or volume knob popping off.

4) No more auto close side mirrors. Previous gen could be configured to close when you park. On the 2017s, you have to hit the button everytime you want them to fold/open.

Favorite items:

1) Twin panel moonroof
2) Bakflip MX4 bed cover
3) 6 camera package. Love the front camera for tight spots and center high mounted brake light camera for 5th wheel hook up and checking load in bed.
4) Sync3 with Apple Car Play. No more slow, outdated nav from the auto makers.
5) Power plugs/USB's everywhere
6) Ford moved the Aux switches up near the sunglass holder - no longer by the cup holder..

Aggielandma12
AG
Nice write up. I'm pumped, should get my new ride in about 2 weeks.
PFG
AG
Post pics when you get it. Love mine.

AgEng06
AG
Damn, you guys are gonna sell me on one if you keep it up...

Sweet truck PFG.
easttexasaggie04
AG
PFG your truck looks awesome. If you don't mind me asking....what did that set you back after all the rebates and so forth? No judgment here, just wondering what I'm up against.
Aggielandma12
AG
The one I'm looking at is 55K before tt&t.
PFG
AG
$52 + TTL
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Odd, my 12 super duty with Powerscope mirrors didnt have auto fold feature for the mirrors. I havent seen any 11-16 super duty trucks that have them.

My LS460L had auto folding mirrors and my Santa Fe both have an auto fold feature when the doors are locked and unfold when you approach them.
mm98
AG
PFG said:

Quote:

Any complaints? I'm about to pull the trigger on the same thing. 2017 F250, lariat, with ultimate package

Very few complaints. Most are just pickey items:

4) No more auto close side mirrors. Previous gen could be configured to close when you park. On the 2017s, you have to hit the button every time you want them to fold/open.

Yep, that would definitely qualify as being picky about an item...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.