82 corvette experts

12,346 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Fife
02CobraC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will do. The person just has it there. I'll keep the board informed. I plan and getting this done hopefully by end of the week. If I purchase it I'll post more pics so it's believable that it is in fact the last C3.
Burdizzo
AG
Burdizzo said:

Someone probably thinks it it worth something special, but those people are pretty rare.

Also, Ceasefire Injection.

I guess I underestimated the interested in this car.
Duncan Idaho
Preservation trumps restoration
aggiepaintrain
AG
PM me the rest of the VIN "for fun"
lol
02CobraC
AG
Ok!
txyaloo
AG
02CobraC said:

Ok!
I'd guard the whole VIN until you own the car. In Texas, anyone can track down the owner/location of a car via the VIN
The Wonderer
AG
txyaloo said:

02CobraC said:

Ok!
I'd guard the whole VIN until you own the car. In Texas, anyone can track down the owner/location of a car via the VIN
Unfortunately, finding the whole VIN is not that hard with a little internet sleuthing. I've already found and confirmed it.
02CobraC
AG
Yep it's easy. Knowing year, engine and plant.
The Wonderer
AG
02CobraC said:

They were only built in one plant. The only variable was coupe/convertible and your pic helped with that.
02CobraC
AG
Yeah. Good skills. Good thing the car is not where it was registered.
The Wonderer
AG
I'm rooting for ya!
Silvy
AG
You're just saying that to throw us all off.
02CobraC
AG
Thanks! I would really appreciate any help as to what y'all reasonably believe this car is worth. Like I said condition is fair to good. If i can buy it, I don't plan on keeping this car very long. Have too many other toys but I think it's a cool vehicle to own for a while.
The Wonderer
AG
http://www.corvetteonline.com/buyer-guides/the-corvette-online-c3-buyers-guide/

Looks like the market is around $10-15k for good examples of 1982 models. Being the last one adds value.
CanyonAg77
AG
If it is the last, I'd not restore it. I'd probably try to flip it.
Burdizzo
AG
The Wonderer said:

02CobraC said:

They were only built in one plant. The only variable was coupe/convertible and your pic helped with that.

They quit making C3 convertibles in 1975
TSJ
AG
I am with Burdizzo, it's still a C3; the rubber bumper less desirable variety. The only redeeming value would be being the last model.

I wouldn't get wrapped with it unless there is a really personal connection to this model.

Just seems like one of those cars at the car show that has the acrylic signs saying "THE LAST C3!" and you say "ok" and keep walking.
Complete Idiot
CanyonAg77 said:

If it is the last, I'd not restore it. I'd probably try to flip it.
Agreed, unless it has special value to you personally or you really want a C3 and it being the last VIN is just gravy, I'd buy it for '82 C3 market price, give it a nice detail, and then flip while marketing it as the last C3. Be in no rush to sell and eventually someone will double your money I bet.
02CobraC
AG
Thanks for all the help.
f2foxes2001
AG
does it run? how tuneable are these motors? Can you extract anything more than the pitiful 180bhp out of it?

good luck with the project! Great find.
KY AG
AG
The Wonderer said:

02CobraC said:

C3s were built in both St. Louis and Bowling Green. C4 was the first to be made exclusively in Bowling Green.
permabull
AG
02CobraC
AG
Yep that's what I'm thinking. I'll update the board here soon.
permabull
AG
02CobraC
AG
Nothing yet. Still haven't gotten it.
Aston 91
AG
Any update? Looks like the Corvette Forum has found this thread, so I wouldn't be surprised if more people start looking for it.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/3928133-here-s-the-last-c3.html#post1593844787
02CobraC
AG
I made her an offer. See what she tells me.
Pahdz
AggiePride07
txyaloo
AG
Aston 91 said:

Any update? Looks like the Corvette Forum has found this thread, so I wouldn't be surprised if more people start looking for it.

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/3928133-here-s-the-last-c3.html#post1593844787
Wow csp97 is a giant ******. There's a Texags user by the same name. Way to cockblock dude.
suprafly03
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Wow csp97 is a giant ******. There's a Texags user by the same name. Way to cockblock dude.
Why do you say that? I can't see that anything posted would blow the deal for the OP. Whay am I missing?
The Wonderer
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Why do you say that? I can't see that anything posted would blow the deal for the OP. Whay am I missing?
by drawing attention to it, it could drive up the price than when/if the current owner wasn't aware of what they had.
CanyonAg77
AG
Didn't the OP do that by posting here?
The Fife
CanyonAg77 said:

Didn't the OP do that by posting here?
Yup... I think I would have waited until I could start a "I just bought the last C3" thread instead.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.