82 corvette experts

12,278 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Fife
Burdizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This forum isn't exactly closed like the pay forums on the rest of Texags. It was only a matter of time before word got out.
AggiePride07
AG
Well, what's the skinny?
02CobraC
AG
Nothing told her the price and she hasn't said anything. She will be over on Tuesday so hopefully come to a deal. The down side is that she has no rush to sell. Does not need the money, it's more of making space in the garage.
permabull
AG
TexasRebel
AG
Ever watch one of those movies where a lot of people hear about a really good deal and think they are the only one who has the idea to go for it so they all slowly, quietly slink away to start running after the prize...

Like It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
chimpanzee
hypeiv said:

the fact that the thread on Texags has more excitement in it than the one on the Corvette forum pretty much tells you how not a big deal this. I might want to walk back my double value estimate since this discovery was met with a thud on a forum supposedly full of enthusiasts.

Late C3's and early (or possibly all) C4's might break the mold set by C2's and never actually be collectible. By '82, the chassis design was 20 years old, and the powertrain performed poorly compared to a '63, unless you got particularly jazzed about an overdrive automatic. People that were predisposed to like them had better used cars to choose from when these were new.

The world fully internalized that disco sucked, and the era has been valued appropriately in the marketplace. The last one ever made is more of a "good riddance" type of milestone.

I had an '81 as a project for a while, but only because it was cheaper than a Nova in similar condition.
02CobraC
AG
Well to update the board she decided not to sell. Guess it's a good thing.
The Fife
I guess. At least it's stored indoors instead of rotting in a field somewhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.