Talk me out of a Ram 2500

16,090 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TxAg20
mm98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wait, I've seen that pic before. Isn't that MFBarnes' workshop?

Kidding...nice job.
TxAg20
AG
quote:
Wait, I've seen that pic before. Isn't that MFBarnes' workshop?

Kidding...nice job.

Similar, but no survivor 50s 'vettes, or McLaren F1s, or Porsche 959s, or original AC Cobras. I think MFBarnes has at least one of each.
KY AG
AG
Congratulations on your purchase...

...of a high quality Honda lawn mower. I love mine.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
Congratulations on your purchase...

...of a high quality Honda lawn mower. I love mine.
VTEC?
Dill-Ag13
AG
#hellaflush

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
#hellaflush

KY AG
AG
It kicked in, yo.
PFG
AG
Bumping to see how you like the Ram 2500 Cummins, how it rides, how the maintenance has been, etc.
TxAg20
AG
I installed Carli suspension on it which rides a little better than the OEM suspension, but it still rides like a 3/4 ton. It's got a little under 8,000 miles on it and all I've done is put diesel and DEF in it. I daily drove the truck for 5 months, but bought a car at the end of '15 and now the truck only sees towing and hauling duty. My only complaint is the center console lid rattles on rough dirt roads. If I put my arm on the console lid with a little more than relaxed weight, the rattle goes away. Probably something in the latch, but it hasn't bothered me enough to troubleshoot it yet. I'll probably send it to the dealer for the first oil change and tell them about the console rattle.

I did make a foam mattress for the backseat and spent the night in it on Saturday at a cross country dirt bike race. I'm 6'0" and was able to stretch out all the way laying down at an angle which was satisfying.

I'm very satisfied with the truck at this point.
PFG
AG
quote:
I daily drove the truck for 5 months, but bought a car at the end of '15

Just curious...did you buy the commuter car bc of the rougher ride/size/cost of operating the truck? Or just bc you wanted a car for committing.

Looking at a 3/4 ton for a do-it-all working truck, family hauler and daily driver.
TxAg20
AG
I planned on buying a commuter car when I bought the truck. Since 2001, I've daily driven 8 pickups, 6 of them were 3/4 ton diesels and the other 2 were F150s. I have no problem daily driving a 3/4 ton, but prefer something smaller for around town.

I think the biggest motivator for the car is that my truck wouldn't fit in my parking garage at work, so I had to park in a surface lot an extra block away. Not the end of the world by any means, but a minor inconvenience.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.