Temple Storm Damage Report

4,979 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by c-jags
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How's everyone doing?

My makeshift fence has held up so far and we've found a bit more hail damage than previously thought but nothing terrible.

Insurance has drug their feet with getting out here which is frustrating but not world ending since I know others have worse fates than ourselves.

We finally made it out to Adams last night and while I know most of the big stuff has been cleaned up it's still brutal out there. Brickwood/3 Wese/ Bold Republic/Pepper Creek was tough to see.

Unless I've missed something, I am amazed that there were no fatalities.
emando2000
AG
Hail damage caused a lot of damage to the gfs house. They're almost gutting everything due to mold setting in due to leaks & lack of power. We even had the roof tarped the next morning.

I spent 2 days clearing trees at the parents & grandparents home. It's such a slow process but it's getting figured out.
agsalaska
AG
For the record. I like chainsawing. I can cut **** all day and all night.

We lost power again this morning because the trash truck caught a downed data cable in its tire and took a pole down as it drove off. Lucky it didn't cause a fire.

Should have it back by tomorrow. Those Oncor linemen are badass dudes.
mazzag
AG
agsalaska said:

We were at Bold Republic and boogied.

I'm at the Lake Belton VFW right now enjoying a cold Dos Equis and some AC.

For some reason my generator seems to be losing the battle with one of my deep freezers. I'm a little worried about that. May need to move it tomorrow morning.

Mazzag you have my dream job.

Dude I'm a girl and couldn't lift a chain saw if I tried. 5'3 115lbs but my husband has been busy. Non stop since last Wednesday night. Some folks wanted to wait then freaked out with the winds from yesterday morning. He's bought a stand behind skid steer, which looks kinda fun and a chipper truck just to keep up. The stand behind skid steer is the bomb. Thank goodness I don't have damage to turn into insurance because he's blown our deductible.
emando2000
AG
agsalaska said:

We lost power again this morning because the trash truck caught a downed data cable in its tire and took a pole down as it drove off. Lucky it didn't cause a fire.

I like the work too. The grandmother was quoted $3400 to clear the trees. I didn't say anything, I just started working and knocked out about 90% of it. I left what I couldn't do. A few houses down they had a crew of about 10 working. I didn't realize they charged that much.
agsalaska
agsalaska
AG
I got my first bad whack on my leg tonight from a branch. Scraped the absolute crap out of my left shin. I sprayed it good with alcohol right away it it's still having some kind of allergic reaction. Bled a lot too.

Like my neighbor said. I zigged when I should have zagged. I shouldn't cut on trees in shorts and tennis shoes.

Fortunately we got power back at 10:30 so we are back inside.
mazzag
AG
When yall wonder why it's expensive, long pants cost more.
c-jags
agsalaska said:

if you told me i could make my network security engineer salary putting up fences, landscaping, painting, clearing brush or chopping trees (not actually running a business, i'm terrible at that,) I'd do it in a heartbeat.

i love menial physical labor.
templeton
mazzag said:

Dude I'm a girl and couldn't lift a chain saw if I tried.

i thought the same but the little stihl battery powered chainsaws are actually kinda fun!
c-jags
templeton said:

mazzag said:

Dude I'm a girl and couldn't lift a chain saw if I tried.

i thought the same but the little stihl battery powered chainsaws are actually kinda fun!
i've been forced to ryobi due to being a Home Depot guy mostly and i'm tending to want to get one of those these days.

I have a gas powered PoulAn that "works" but is a pain to keep running. and my neighbors tend to borrow it and keep it longer than I'd care for.
c-jags

saw this today. i've seen some pictures here and there, but this looks to be pretty quick after the storm.

I am still absolutely amazed at no deaths or major injuries a week and a half later.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.