Temple Storm Damage Report

4,872 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by c-jags
Astrobo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was awful. All OK?
aggiepaintrain
AG
I've got a good roofer who will "work" with you, local to Temple

aggiepaintrain@gmail.com
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Family's house lost a few trees, and roof/siding damage. Looks like it went straight down Adams. Prayers for all
Astrobo
AG
VFW Hall tore up.
mazzag
AG
Checking in on c-jags and agsalaska. They live in the damage zone.
c-jags
mazzag said:

Checking in on c-jags and agsalaska. They live in the damage zone.

I was in West Texas. Took a while to get a neighbor to go check it out.

Sounds like damage to my deck and my fence is down. But it was dark and video was grainy.

We had left our dogs with somebody to feed them so I'm driving back right now to get them.

Stopped in Comanche and oncor trucks were headed our way. Said there was an APB for Temple and Waco to the whole state.

Praying for you all. I think Templeton had some damage, but I haven't heard too much.
emando2000
AG
Just got back from Belton to help the gf get some belongings out. The tornado went over them just before touching down damaging the roof, windows and fence. She got some footage from her closet before it got too bad. Heading back up tomorrow to help her family clean up trees.
c-jags
Just got home. Northside is pretty tore up. Lot of leafs and limbs everywhere.

It was too dark to see the total damage but roads were drivable. Coming in from Gatesville, not a single traffic light was working. People were being cautious though.

I'll be up early tomorrow to let the dogs burn of some energy and take them on a walk and survey the damage.

Praying for everyone.
agsalaska
AG
We are safe but man what a storm. Lots of damage. I bet we don't have power back here for a week at least. Every power line in Woodland Trails is on the ground.

Yesterday was the last day of school and my wife and her teacher friends went to Bold Republic for beers after school. I got there about 5pm, ordered a beer and said something like 'feels like rain'. About 45 minutes later me and another truck were going flying down Adams back towards Temple Lake Park right at the storm trying to beat it home. We already had our kids in the closet. We beat the storm by about 90 seconds.

It was the gnarliest looking storm I have ever seen and if my kids were not at home I would have driven the other direction. That stretch of Adams past 317 is 50mph and we were headed right into it. There were cars going 40-50 which blew my mind. Where in the F are you going at that speed. I don't normally speed but I hit about 100.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

EMY92
AG
Astrobo said:

VFW Hall tore up.
I saw on the news this morning, a truck, likely taking shelter from the hail was crushed by the falling awning.
c-jags
EMY92 said:

Astrobo said:

VFW Hall tore up.
I saw on the news this morning, a truck, likely taking shelter from the hail was crushed by the falling awning.

pictures coming out today are pretty gnarly. I'm honestly getting more from people out of town than I am for people I know.

looks like 2305 really took the brunt of it.

Pouring again right now. Everyone stay safe.
JAW3336
AG
West Adams got hammered and so did east of Temple near Oscar.
watty
AG
I just moved out of the Westfield subdivision but still own the house I moved out of. The tornado weaved its way through that neighborhood and down the West Adams area towards the Cefco. The normal wind damage all over town was bad enough but once you got to that area, it was obvious a tornado had been there. My house barely has any damage but other houses a few houses over got completely decimated.

Astrobo
AG
Goodness, prayers for these poor folks,
mazzag
AG
Those pics are devastating. My husband's cousin lives over there and her house got roughed up good. We were at Sparta taqueria, yes the one that caught on fire a week ago, and that was nerve racking enough. I'm thankful most of 2305 businesses were closed. I haven't heard of any fatalities.
AggieFlyboy
AG
I live in West Temple; the tornado started in my neighborhood. Light damage there, but major damage as it moved tot ESE. Still no power for that side of town
mazzag
AG
One of the news outlets did a drone. One side of street was bad. Missing all or part of roofs. The other side just fine. Preliminary F2. A friend's son works at 3 West and everyone got in the walk in cooler in time. Pignetti's roof caved in. That place looks bad.
watty
AG
Yeah the 3 West area got hit hard. The daycare is destroyed, the pediatric PT clinic has no roof or ceiling, all those buildings took heavy damage.
watty
AG
I assume you live in the newer section just west of Westfield? I drove through there before sunset last night and you could see which street starting taking more damage and then like you said, once it got into Westfield it switched from ripping shingles off to ripping roofs off. I assume it bounced up and down a bit because even in the direct path, there's a lot of variety in how much damage was done. I'm trying to figure out what it did after it left Westfield though. At some point it crossed Adams because Shipleys and some houses south of Shipleys got hammered too. I don't know how far it continued from there though.
agsalaska
AG
AggieFlyboy said:

I live in West Temple; the tornado started in my neighborhood. Light damage there, but major damage as it moved tot ESE. Still no power for that side of town

The daycare. Look close and you will see backpacks. Must have been terrifying.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

rao11010
AG
Wife's grandparents place lost a couple trees off Adams by the golf course. One just missed the truck and the other landed perfectly in between the house and shed.

mazzag
AG
I don't like to seem opportunistic and not even sure how soon we can get to you but here's a humble business push.
mazzag
AG
Emergency first. I'm last!
agsalaska
AG
Somehow my pictures of the daycare disappeared.

I will say that it is absolutely beautiful sitting outside this evening.

mazzag
AG
I can see them. And have shared in private chats. FWIW Bold survived and offered community service support today.
agsalaska
AG
Yea I can see them now too. That was weird.

Internet is F Ed up tonight.

mazzag
AG
I don't like the TA app. I blame that.
c-jags
agsalaska said:

Somehow my pictures of the daycare disappeared.

I will say that it is absolutely beautiful sitting outside this evening.

I had to go back to West Texas but it was a gorgeous sunset and evening. I wanted a beer but I was at my Baptist in laws.

16 hours of driving and jerryrigging a fence in 2 days has my rear beat.

I forgot to post my damage. Minimal compared to others that have been posting, of course.

c-jags
how's everybody doing? looks like power is back up for most everybody from what i've heard from friends.

i had to go back out to west texas, but saw there's more coming today potentially.

started claims process which i hope will not be a beatdown.
watty
AG
Still no power in the Westfield subdivision at least according to the neighborhood facebook group I'm in.
c-jags
watty said:

Still no power in the Westfield subdivision at least according to the neighborhood facebook group I'm in.

yeah, a couple of people posted they were still out. some people i know out at lakewood have power. some don't.

some around Belton are fine and never had any issues and a few people near them still don't have it.

seems like all of northside is back on.
mazzag
AG
G Wilson got power last night. Which is good because when power is out Dog Rip off Water supply can't supply water. My tree guy is removing downed limbs and trees tomorrow.
aggiejet
AG
We had a group of nine at 3 West and were seated at a big table right in front of the bar in the middle, and the bartender came and told everybody to head to the back that a tornado was coming and we all got to the back with just a few seconds to spare. My wife and two other friends went to the side with the freezer, and the rest of our group went to the other side into the restrooms. Very scary indeed, but glad everyone was safe. Staff working that night were great! Considerable vehicle damage, but it can be repaired.
agsalaska
AG
We were at Bold Republic and boogied.

I'm at the Lake Belton VFW right now enjoying a cold Dos Equis and some AC.

For some reason my generator seems to be losing the battle with one of my deep freezers. I'm a little worried about that. May need to move it tomorrow morning.

Mazzag you have my dream job.
agsalaska
AG
For those looking for good news Lake Belton softball won 2-1 and play next weekend for a State Championship.

Wife and kids went to the game and is staying at a hotel in CS.

Awesome
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.