Masks required in Waco

2,017 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by c-jags
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big government Deaver is at it again. Can't leave it up to individuals.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
And Woodway followed suit...
mazzag
TexagChris17
AG
Disgusting, a ton of evidence points to masks not working.
mazzag
AG

c-jags
I just got done with a job in South Texas and they wanted me to wear a mask at all times. I took it off when I was by myself but always put it back on around people.

After 2x9 and 1x4 hour days of a mask on I did not feel great with my breathing. Not saying they're not helpful or looking to act like I know anything but all day every day has an effect on you.
templeton
TexagChris17 said:

To be fair, a ton of evidence points to masks working, right?
BohunkAg
AG
templeton said:

TexagChris17 said:

To be fair, a ton of evidence points to masks working, right?
It does.....I have a large problem though with making it a mandate. Because with everything going on in the world, it is obviously going to be selectively enforced.
mazzag
AG
Where's the evidence that they work? I'm not being crappy but I keep hearing the point of wearing one but no statistics to back up that they work. More than ever folks are wearing masks but positive cases keep going up.
BohunkAg
AG
The Waco mayor has followed Dallas in this thing....always. It's been really interesting to watch. It's like the people that run Waco are incapable of doing thinking on their own.
BohunkAg
AG
By the way, hizzoner's proclamation states that we have had 5 deaths in McLennan County from Covid during this whole thing.
templeton
mazzag said:

Where's the evidence that they work? I'm not being crappy but I keep hearing the point of wearing one but no statistics to back up that they work. More than ever folks are wearing masks but positive cases keep going up.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200612172200.htm

granted this professor is from a mediocre school.

there are many, many other studies. no blind controlled studies yet and they're not sure if it works because you're not touching your face as much or not, but very strong (anecdotal) evidence that masks work.
mazzag
AG
I found this from 4 months ago.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/swine-flu/expert-answers/flu-mask/faq-20057878
templeton
Yes this is a change in policy by the CDC. They initially said in March only healthcare workers should wear masks. Now they are recommending everyone who is able to wear them safely to do so.
Hagen95
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

And Woodway followed suit...
Well, the average age of Woodway citizen is about 65!
c-jags
templeton said:

Yes this is a change in policy by the CDC. They initially said in March only healthcare workers should wear masks. Now they are recommending everyone who is able to wear them safely to do so.

Fauci also admitted that they only said that in March so we wouldn't buy all the masks and deny them to healthcare workers. I'm not saying I disagree with the end, but that's a pretty horrible means. Of course our healthcare workers should have them first and foremost but knowing the CDC would lie instead of just telling the truth is troubling to say the least.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.