providence is growing! now offering hiring and referral bonuses

2,204 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
templeton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello centexags--

I'm hiring part-time faculty members again!
  • 5th grade math and/or science (hiring and referral bonus),
  • 6th grade math and/or science (hiring and referral bonus),
  • 7th grade math (hiring and referral bonus),
  • high school economics, and
  • Latin.

Hours are somewhat flexible between 815a-335pm on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays in Belton. Pay is competitive.

https://www.provprep.org/about/employment/
Birddog 99
AG
My sister just got on there. Wish I would have known about the referral
BBQ IS GOOD. Gig'em '99
templeton
Still looking for 5th grade math/science, possibly high school English.
mazzag
AG
Still operating out of FBC?
templeton
yep! We will stay here until the UMHB lease-back ends in 2029. It's likely that FBC will vacate before then.
The Grinder (99)
AG
Is there any discussion of providence doing all their school from home in the Fall? How well equipped would they be for that?

We've considered providence to some degree every school year but have never ended up doing it. Of course this year is different and we are not confident at all in BISD being able to meet the challenges that may come up in the fall.

Just curious, thanks
templeton
The Grinder (99) said:

Is there any discussion of providence doing all their school from home in the Fall? How well equipped would they be for that?

We've considered providence to some degree every school year but have never ended up doing it. Of course this year is different and we are not confident at all in BISD being able to meet the challenges that may come up in the fall.

Just curious, thanks

We are planning on meeting in person for the fall and focusing on minimizing contact between groups. We're also doing quite a bit more in the way of videoing class time lectures (since we will need folks to stay home if anyone in their household has had any symptoms at all). When someone in the school gets the virus we will close for a day (may likely be a homeschool day already), do the contact tracing and try and figure out how many folks were exposed to decide whether to close beyond that.

Thankfully, we are uniquely positioned to weather this pandemic because 1) we have very small classes, and 2) we can also pivot to at-home learning much more easily than most schools. So incredibly proud of our amazing teachers and families. Would love to talk with you more if you want grade-level specifics. info@provprep.org
agsalaska
AG
My wife is certainly interested if there is still anything open. She is a 5th grade math and science teacher that left teaching to join our real estate company. But that's been hit pretty hard.

Anything still open?
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
templeton
agsalaska said:

My wife is certainly interested if there is still anything open. She is a 5th grade math and science teacher that left teaching to join our real estate company. But that's been hit pretty hard.

Anything still open?
we hired the lovely bride of cjags! but have her send me an email because i have a couple of other openings. info<at>provprep.org
agsalaska
AG
Cool. She is emailing you now.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.