Llano River Flood

3,209 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mazzag
jimscott85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pics and videos from back home show the bridge washed out in Kingsland, TX after the river crested. Absolutely insane.

Anybody else in the area? Pics or videos?
Kbeauty63
AG
https://www.ksat.com/news/watch-video-shows-the-moment-bridge-destroyed-by-rushing-floodwater
jimscott85
AG
That's the one. Former classmate posted a video awhile later from about a half mile to a mile down the river showing the collapsed bridge section just tumbling with the water flow. Hopefully it stops in deeper waters and doesn't take anything out with it.
Bunk Moreland
Colorado River is flowing backwards and into LBJ. Homes will be lost/badly damaged on Lake LBJ. More evacuations happening.
jimscott85
AG
Yeah. It's not good at all.

Our Llano class of '98 reunion was scheduled for next weekend. It may turn into a cleanup effort.
EMY92
AG
I saw that footage. The power of moving water is amazing. That wasn't a small section of the bridge.
mazzag
AG
This was the Starke dam in marble falls

mazzag
AG
Prayers to all y'all south of the temple/Belton metroplex. My husband's son lives in riverside dr in Austin. He's positive he's on high enough ground.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Does anybody know where I can find a copy of the defensive driving video "The Awesome Power" that has the dude in the Ford pickup escaping just before his truck gets swept down river?
EMY92
AG
My niece lives on Riverside Dr. in Austin.
Complete Idiot
HollywoodBQ said:

Does anybody know where I can find a copy of the defensive driving video "The Awesome Power" that has the dude in the Ford pickup escaping just before his truck gets swept down river?
Didnt watch, is this it?

mazzag
AG
Belton and Stillhouse lakes are full

http://kdhnews.com/news/local/killeen-area-lakes-full-after-steady-rain/article_1d13ea16-d212-11e8-8e37-e7793974b6e7.html
HollywoodBQ
AG
That's the one. Thank You!
3rd Generation Ag
AG
My children have a family ranch in Junction. It has been hit by more than one flood this month. While the loss of life at the campground is the most tragic of course, there was real damage to the ranch, and more than one wave of flooding. House is on high enough ground, we thing at least. but well house, irrigation systems, etc are all probablly complete losses. No way to know for sure till things dry up.
Captain Pablo
AG
Lake Belton 10 feet above normal.

Up 15 feet from a couple weeks ago, and will rise more, As the Leon River is still very elevated upstream

Still about 27 feet below the crest of the spillway, so shouldn't be any problems there as long as it doesn't start raining like hell again upstream
mazzag
AG
http://ktemnews.com/aerial-footage-of-leon-river-flooding-in-gatesville/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.