Beeville

3,267 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by huisachel
aggieSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would you live there? What is it like living there in 2018?
lazuras_dc
AG
No
PlanoAg98
AG
Probably a lot cheaper than everywhere else in the nation. You could live in a mansion/ranch for $300K.
Aggie87
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Probably a lot cheaper than everywhere else in the nation. You could live in a mansion/ranch for $300K.

But you'd still be in Beeville.
huisachel
Grew up there and still have friends who stayed. For a small town it is pretty good and roughly equidistant from San Antonio and Corpus. A little further to Austin. Great hunting. Repeat: great hunting
aggieSO
I like a slow pace of life. I can create my own fun. I am just worried about schools and crime mostly. I think the part North of the bowling alley is the best
will.mcg
AG
I would move there so I could eat a Sammy's hamburger everyday.
aggieSO
Is Goliad better?
gbreaux361
It's not so bad, north of the bowling alley or out on land.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
I used to live and work there. I love south of there now. It's a small town and being a small town guy I really liked it. There's two nine hole golf courses (one is a country club) and a lot of great people. The schools are on the uptick with a new superintendent.
aggieSO
My family is pretty big with the country club I think, it is pretty nice. Haven't golfed on that course since I was a boy.
You live in Skidmore?
Any opinions on schools in the area? Skidmore and Pettus might be better I've heard. I think my kids would hate me if I made them drive to a private school in Corpus. There's no private high school around unfortunately.
I'm really thinking I might do it when I'm done with college. My girlfriend is down, surprisingly. I'm just not sure if there is a better town around, like 3 Rivers, George West or Goliad, but I think if I lived right north of town by the country club, in one of the small towns like Skidmore, Tulsita, Pettus or rural Bee County it would be just as fine (like the guy above said).
Blanco Jimenez
AG
aggieSO said:

My family is pretty big with the country club I think, it is pretty nice. Haven't golfed on that course since I was a boy.
You live in Skidmore?
Any opinions on schools in the area? Skidmore and Pettus might be better I've heard. I think my kids would hate me if I made them drive to a private school in Corpus. There's no private high school around unfortunately.
I'm really thinking I might do it when I'm done with college. My girlfriend is down, surprisingly. I'm just not sure if there is a better town around, like 3 Rivers, George West or Goliad, but I think if I lived right north of town by the country club, in one of the small towns like Skidmore, Tulsita, Pettus or rural Bee County it would be just as fine (like the guy above said).
I am in Skidmore. Skidmore is the better school and tons of Beeville kids transfer there but as I said, Beeville is making giant improvements. I grew up here and if I didn't have to for work, I'd never leave Bee County.
aggieSO
I'm ready to go man.
huisachel
Pettus is right on the edge of the shale and the schools there are spending a lot of money on improvements; dono how that works out in terms of quality of education but if they pay good money for good teachers it might be worth checking. the countryside around there and Normana and Tuleta is very nice.

And the hunting in Bee County is outstanding.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.