Tips on CC visit

2,760 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by lazuras_dc
beastinBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

I'm taking my 2 boys to CC this weekend. Saturday we'll do the Lexington in the morning, then mustang island or malaquite beach in the afternoon. Sunday, we'll go to the aquarium and head back.

We get in Friday evening, and I was thinking of taking them on a walk, and seeing the harbor bridge at night.

Are there any areas I should avoid? Any tips I should consider? My boys are 3&4.
Mark Fairchild
AG
State aquarium, science museum downtown, PINS(Padre Islands National Seashore), Botanical Gardens.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
What area are y'all staying in?
beastinBQ
AG
We've got an air bnb condo, pretty close to the Lexington.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Kids likely too young for this but if you can't think of anything else to do the Hooks (Corpus' AA baseball team) have a home game this Friday. Their ballpark is one of the nicest I've ever seen and it's right at the base of the bridge. On friday games they also have a pretty damn good firework show after the game.

Edit to add that around the bridge on both sides there's a pretty large homeless population and not a whole lot of residency so it can get pretty sketchy at night. I'd definitely keep this in mind if I were you.
Potcake
AG
Take them to the Selena statue and let them start appreciating beautiful women.
beastinBQ
AG
Thanks for the homeless tip. That's exactly what I was curious about. I'll see how tired they are, but other than the game, where's a good place to watch the fireworks?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Can't seem to think of any unfortunately. That doesn't mean none exist, I just haven't ever tried to find good places for that.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Go to 50 things for kids to do in Corpus Christi/Trip Buzz. Some pretty interesting things are listed. Bring a TON of mosquito spray. We have had 14" of rain in the last 48 hours.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
TREX01
Heading to Corpus this weekend as well. What beach would ya'll recommend?
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Port A/Mustang Island

They're the same beach, they're just divided by an imaginary man made boundary. I've lived here 19 years and have been to the beach dozens of times and still don't really know the difference between them.

If you have really young kids Rockport isn't a bad option.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
There has been a ton of rain. The beaches will be nasty and brackish this weekend.
aggiepres
OP how was the trip? We are taking kids down next weekend. Anything surprise or disappoint? All tips are appreciated.
beastinBQ
AG
Trip went pretty well. Very nice weather, and a constant breeze.

My 4 and 2 yr old loved the USS Lexington. Pretty cool on the deck with all the planes and guns. Down below the deck - not so much, as it's your support elements.

The aquarium was blah. They loved the sharks and stingrays, but outside of that, it's not very amusing. They do have a splash pad there now. Probably depends more on age.

We drove to MalaQuite Beach. It's in the National Park portion. One of the prettier beaches in TX for sure. Not too crowded for a Saturday afternoon. Also has restrooms and showers close by.

The only negative was ur Air BnB. The inside was nice and finished, but you can tell the exteriors of a lot of buildings/businesses still haven't recovered from Harvey.

Pretty good little weekend trip.
aggiepres
Thanks this was helpful.
lazuras_dc
AG
You can watch the fireworks from Brewster street ice house , FYI (not sure if they allow kids after a certain hour though ).

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.