Corpus Golf

3,677 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brush Country Ag
NeverBunt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can I get a recommendation on a public course in CC??? I'll be down this coming week and I'm bringing my bag with me.

Thanks.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Lozano if you like playing in a straight line.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Northshore CC has a deal with the Hampton on Navigation. $39 with a cart and it was a fun course. I actually stay at that hotel a bunch, so the hotel made my tee time. I am sure if you called the course and told them you saw the flyer in the hotel they would hook you up.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Strictly limited to Corpus?
NeverBunt
CE Ag 21 said:

Strictly limited to Corpus?
surrounding area is fine too
NeverBunt
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Northshore CC has a deal with the Hampton on Navigation. $39 with a cart and it was a fun course. I actually stay at that hotel a bunch, so the hotel made my tee time. I am sure if you called the course and told them you saw the flyer in the hotel they would hook you up.
This sounds like a pretty good deal, I might give it a shot on Thurs.
lazuras_dc
AG
Northshore is a challenging course unsure of current condition.
Palmilla beach is hands down the best in the area. Also very challenging esp. with wind. Beatifully kept greens and fairways. Far and away the most unique course in Corpus area but will also be more expensive. Grab dinner and drinks at the restaurant there after or go into Port A.
lazuras_dc
AG
If you just want to his the links regardless of challenge or condition. Oso Beach is a fun short course. You have Gabe Lozano which is about the same condition. but I'd probably recommend Northshore over those two, but Portland kind of sucks.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
My ranking of the local course:

1. Palmilla in Port A; Pros: it's in Port A and is really all around the best course in the area by a decent margin. Cons: could also be location I guess if you're staying in corpus.
2. Northshore CC in Portland; Pros: back 9 has gorgeous views and the majority of the holes have a good uniqueness, it doesn't seem like you're playing the same ones over and over. I don't know how it is now, but in the 3 or so years I played this course regularly I never had to set up a tee time no matter the day or time. Cons: Used to play this course a few times a week as I live real close to it and it just wasn't very well kept. It may have gotten better as I haven't played it in over a year now. It's also pretty damn hard, especially with wind.
3 (tie). Corpus Christi CC; Pros: very well kept and is easy. Cons: it's kind of just a boring course in a boring location. Aside from how nice the grass usually is, there's nothing special about it.
3 (tie). River Hills CC in Calallen; Pros: the most underrated course in the area imo. Totally different feel than the other courses, less "south Texas-y" with fewer mesquites and such. Cons: could use some TLC, always really hot with a ton of bugs due to there never being a breeze and standing water somehow. It has a driving range but it's a pretty sad excuse for one. It's located in like the middle of the course away from the club house and is small and locked in tightly by holes. In the 3 or 4 times I've played there I've actually never used it because of how inconvenient it is.
4. Oso Beach in Corpus; Pros: well kept for a municipal course. Typically better grass than Northshore and River Hills actually. It's normally easy but wind can be a factor. Cons: it's just not that special. Nothing really bad about it, there's just also nothing really great about it. And I don't remember 100% but I don't think it has a range.
5. Gabe Lozano in Corpus; I've only played this course once or twice and I remember not being very impressed. It's not really a big drop off from Oso, and it really isn't a bad course, and it does have a good range, but it is definitely last on my list.

Obviously this ranking is subjective, but I think alot of the people that have played these courses would agree for the most part. I didn't include price because I don't remember the prices of basically any of these. Hope this helps!
lazuras_dc
AG
I like your analysis but I'd make 3 4 and 5 a tie. Id much rather drive to Port A than Calallen too (similar amount of time)

FbgTxAg
AG

The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Brush Country Ag
AG
You can forget about the Port A golf course for a while. Harvey played on it and. It hasn't recovered.
Smithjg
I highly recommend Kings Crossing!
Brush Country Ag
AG
Smithjg said:

I highly recommend Kings Crossing!
Don't forget Pharoahs...the rough is really difficult right now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.