Family Reunion (Corpus vs. Matagorda)

1,427 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by lead
longsisters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family ranging from age 2 to 80 are going to go to the beach for a weekend. I'm sure there are some that would like to do a little shopping, but everyone else will focus on beach/fishing.

Which location has prettier beaches?

TIA!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
You really have to ask this? Get yourself a block of rooms at Port Royale in Port Aransas and thank me later.
Punked Shank
AG
The further away from the Mississippi delta you can get the prettier the beaches the get.

Matagorda for seclusion. Port a for shopping
SaltwaterAg17
AG
Depending on what you consider to be a "pretty beach", I find that Rockport is a great destination. Little bay is next to downtown Rockport and is a shallower/calmer beach with fishing possible. It is also 15-20 minutes from Port Aransas if you want a gulf side beach, surf/jetty fishing and shopping. There are a ton of great fishing spots between Rockport and Port A as well. Port A has more touristy destinations whereas Rockport is more laid back IMO.
will.mcg
AG
SaltwaterAg17 said:

It is also 15-20 minutes from Port Aransas if you.......
are not talking about Spring Break or the entire month of March. Try 45-90 minutes if you are talking about actually getting to Port A due to ferry wait time.

Not trying to be rude, just realistic.
SaltwaterAg17
AG
OP said "a weekend". They didn't specify when and I don't think they would plan a family reunion just a week before. Especially if they are booking a hotel.
will.mcg
AG
You're probably right.

I'll share some more information: The ferry wait during the non "cold" months is 30-90 minutes depending on time of day.

If you hit the ferry with zero wait it takes about 15 minutes from the time you drive on the boat to the time you drive off the boat.
lead
Port A for the beach. If fishing is a big deal, a cabin on the river in gorda can be fun at night and easier with boat-in/out for bay fishing. If you can afford it and fishing isnt a big deal, I had a blast as a kid when I went to Port Royale with a buddy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.