Happy Tax Appraisal day!

1,257 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by AggieGunslinger
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kick in the junk with what is currently going on.
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup, maxed out that increase.
Aggiebrewer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But but... it's not the appraisal districts fault...
Josepi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mine actually stayed flat
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just remembered I've met someone in their office at a fundraiser I'm attend annually. Gonna do some ball bustin next time I see him and get more bang for my buck!
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do you live outside of TISD/TJC district?
Josepi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. I am in them both. I live inside the loop
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's probably above the $250K value. Appraiser friend said everyone below it got hit with an average 8% increase.
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
couple more years of this and my crap house will be at $250K threshold
PDWT_12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
6% increase over here
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dromo07 said:

couple more years of this and my crap house will be at $250K threshold


Honestly I'm a bit surprised (and I say this for Josepi's benefit as much as anyone else because I wasn't trying to publicly tell people his income, net worth, or anything else). Starter homes here are 'expensive' (though dallas is going up to $300-350K if I recall correctly). New 3/2 here is what, $200K? compared with 2010 when you could buy stuff in flint for $130K. The $250K and under group will disappear in a few years with little exception. Less than five years of this and I'll be there too. Just depends on what you think is reasonable for an assessment relative to the market. I'm probably 15-20% under what stuff sells for in my neighborhood so is that reasonable?
PDWT_12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our 2 year old, 4/3 house in the south part of Tyler is being appraised at $50k more than what our original loan was for (I know our builder undervalued it a little but still).

I know this comes across as a humble brag but I'm more surprised than anything else.
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PDWT_12 said:

Our 2 year old, 4/3 house in the south part of Tyler is being appraised at $50k more than what our original loan was for (I know our builder undervalued it a little but still).

I know this comes across as a humble brag but I'm more surprised than anything else.


I won't make any more guesses about house values because I want people to participate but I'm not surprised.
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

But but... it's not the appraisal districts fault...

It's not...most of the time.
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh.....and 10% increase here. They're still trying to catch up in my neighborhood.
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive said:

Oh.....and 10% increase here. They're still trying to catch up in my neighborhood.


Nah, they just hate driving that far.
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Third straight year of a 10% increase for me. I assume that's the cap?
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ya i think the 10% only applies to the resident but not the lot if i remember correctly
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RockOn said:

Third straight year of a 10% increase for me. I assume that's the cap?
Yes it's the cap.
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why did my homestead cap drop $6k?
Josepi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Y'all clearly don't know which days to park some junk cars in the yard and sit in the driveway drinking Natty Light.
Owlagdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AGC said:

dromo07 said:

couple more years of this and my crap house will be at $250K threshold


Honestly I'm a bit surprised (and I say this for Josepi's benefit as much as anyone else because I wasn't trying to publicly tell people his income, net worth, or anything else). Starter homes here are 'expensive' (though dallas is going up to $300-350K if I recall correctly). New 3/2 here is what, $200K? compared with 2010 when you could buy stuff in flint for $130K. The $250K and under group will disappear in a few years with little exception. Less than five years of this and I'll be there too. Just depends on what you think is reasonable for an assessment relative to the market. I'm probably 15-20% under what stuff sells for in my neighborhood so is that reasonable?


New homes are going for 144-146 sq ft. New 1880 sq ft is 300k.
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting. Is that track homes?

We were told yesterday by a builder that they're mostly quoting 160-175 per foot, but that it goes up quickly from there depending on the finishes.
Owlagdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stive said:

Interesting. Is that track homes?

We were told yesterday by a builder that they're mostly quoting 160-175 per foot, but that it goes up quickly from there depending on the finishes.


Depends on neighborhood. And bells and whistles.
buy_dont_lease
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Second consecutive year of a 10% increase. Catching our neighborhood up, but IMO they've got us caught up, and that's not factoring in whatever downturn we're heading into.
AggieGunslinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1% increase, we just passed what we paid for it 4.5 years ago.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.