Happy Tax Appraisal day!

3,037 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieGunslinger
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kick in the junk with what is currently going on.
AGC
AG
Yup, maxed out that increase.
Post removed:
by user
Josepi
AG
Mine actually stayed flat
AGC
AG
Just remembered I've met someone in their office at a fundraiser I'm attend annually. Gonna do some ball bustin next time I see him and get more bang for my buck!
Dro07
AG
Do you live outside of TISD/TJC district?
Josepi
AG
No. I am in them both. I live inside the loop
AGC
AG
He's probably above the $250K value. Appraiser friend said everyone below it got hit with an average 8% increase.
Dro07
AG
couple more years of this and my crap house will be at $250K threshold
PDWT_12
AG
6% increase over here
AGC
AG
dromo07 said:

Honestly I'm a bit surprised (and I say this for Josepi's benefit as much as anyone else because I wasn't trying to publicly tell people his income, net worth, or anything else). Starter homes here are 'expensive' (though dallas is going up to $300-350K if I recall correctly). New 3/2 here is what, $200K? compared with 2010 when you could buy stuff in flint for $130K. The $250K and under group will disappear in a few years with little exception. Less than five years of this and I'll be there too. Just depends on what you think is reasonable for an assessment relative to the market. I'm probably 15-20% under what stuff sells for in my neighborhood so is that reasonable?
PDWT_12
AG
Our 2 year old, 4/3 house in the south part of Tyler is being appraised at $50k more than what our original loan was for (I know our builder undervalued it a little but still).

I know this comes across as a humble brag but I'm more surprised than anything else.
AGC
AG
PDWT_12 said:

Our 2 year old, 4/3 house in the south part of Tyler is being appraised at $50k more than what our original loan was for (I know our builder undervalued it a little but still).

I know this comes across as a humble brag but I'm more surprised than anything else.

I won't make any more guesses about house values because I want people to participate but I'm not surprised.
Stive
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

But but... it's not the appraisal districts fault...

It's not...most of the time.
Stive
AG
Oh.....and 10% increase here. They're still trying to catch up in my neighborhood.
AGC
AG
Stive said:

Oh.....and 10% increase here. They're still trying to catch up in my neighborhood.

Nah, they just hate driving that far.
Dro07
RockOn
Third straight year of a 10% increase for me. I assume that's the cap?
Dro07
AG
Ya i think the 10% only applies to the resident but not the lot if i remember correctly
Stive
AG
RockOn said:

Third straight year of a 10% increase for me. I assume that's the cap?
Yes it's the cap.
RockOn
Why did my homestead cap drop $6k?
Josepi
AG
Y'all clearly don't know which days to park some junk cars in the yard and sit in the driveway drinking Natty Light.
Owlagdad
AGC said:

dromo07 said:

Honestly I'm a bit surprised (and I say this for Josepi's benefit as much as anyone else because I wasn't trying to publicly tell people his income, net worth, or anything else). Starter homes here are 'expensive' (though dallas is going up to $300-350K if I recall correctly). New 3/2 here is what, $200K? compared with 2010 when you could buy stuff in flint for $130K. The $250K and under group will disappear in a few years with little exception. Less than five years of this and I'll be there too. Just depends on what you think is reasonable for an assessment relative to the market. I'm probably 15-20% under what stuff sells for in my neighborhood so is that reasonable?

New homes are going for 144-146 sq ft. New 1880 sq ft is 300k.
Stive
AG
Interesting. Is that track homes?

We were told yesterday by a builder that they're mostly quoting 160-175 per foot, but that it goes up quickly from there depending on the finishes.
Owlagdad
Stive said:

Interesting. Is that track homes?

We were told yesterday by a builder that they're mostly quoting 160-175 per foot, but that it goes up quickly from there depending on the finishes.

Depends on neighborhood. And bells and whistles.
buy_dont_lease
AG
Second consecutive year of a 10% increase. Catching our neighborhood up, but IMO they've got us caught up, and that's not factoring in whatever downturn we're heading into.
AggieGunslinger
AG
1% increase, we just passed what we paid for it 4.5 years ago.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.