2024 Tropics

7,155 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by PJYoung
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That one became nothing and the next one is Ernesto and it's gonna be fish food.

PJYoung
AG
El Presidente
AG
Genuine interest/curiosity:

What is y'alls infatuation/attraction to the tropics and the weather?

Is it something we all eventually gravitate towards as we age? Kinda like our lawns? Or meat smoking?

Discuss amongst yourselves.
OXDL45
AG
Ned to keep an eye out in case something comes barreling towards the RGV! That and yes are older now. Yes, I said it.
Duckhook
AG
Yeah, I think it's age. That Progressive commercial with the guys stressing over the weather makes me laugh. I can't help getting up and prowling around the house when we have a big storm in the middle of the night. Plus, with a hurricane, I think you just generally have more stuff to worry about when you're older vs when you're younger.
carl spacklers hat
Live through enough hurricanes and tropical storms and you'll get it. Keeping an eye on tropical weather patterns once we hit June is just a normal as cleaning shotguns in August or re-spooling reels during the winter. Its part of our culture. Age has nothing to do with it.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
PJYoung
AG
El Presidente
AG
Fortunately I haven't reached that age yet. My wife tells me we all have to grow up. I contend we get older but some of us never grow up.
RGV AG
AG
In my case I think there is two fold reasons; I grew up in a real temperate climate that had regular rain and some varied weather, Lord knows I miss it. In the RGV the damn lack of rain the last 25 or so years has been frustrating as hell, any change in howling blow torch weather is to be celebrated.

Bad motor scooter hurricanes can be deadly, and if you go through enough of them you grow to really respect them. Own enough real estate close to the coast and you get a true pucker factor for the bad ones.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.