High Speed Internet Service Provider Suggestion for McAllen

1,856 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PJYoung
ag03kc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Life is taking our family to McAllen. We are looking for recommendations for an ISP that offers good (uninterrupted) high speed home internet service at a competitive price. We run all of our home entertainment and home office through our ISP, so we need something that can keep up with our usage and speed needs. I appreciate any suggestions.
OXDL45
AG
Spectrum is the only one I'm aware of. I don't live in the RGV anymore but they are the majority provider in the area.
ag03kc
AG
That is what others have told me as well. Given growth in that area, I was hoping for more options. Looks like Spectrum will be our ISP. I appreciate your feedback.
oldvalleyrat
AG
I have had Spectrum for several years and it is pretty good. It is now 100 Mbps and is very dependable. The last time I had someone come out from Spectrum, he said that they were in the process of upgrading again.
Cappo
AG
I have had some issues with Spectrum but overall it's decent
carl spacklers hat
You don't really have a choice, Spectrum is it. If you lived in the sticks you could go with VTX-1, but I don't know if they're any better than Spectrum.
ag03kc
AG
Thanks. We got Spectrum. Customer service is terrible, but internet service seems good so far.
PJYoung
AG
AT&T is laying fiber right now over in W McAllen.

300mb for $40 a moth. They're bundling it with DirecTv for $79 a month for a year.

I think there's a higher priced option for 1k!

I am counting the days until it arrives in NE McAllen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.