Rio Grande Grill (Taylor @ Expressway)

1,718 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oldvalleyrat
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This used to be Europa. Restaurant and bowling alley on stilts with parking underneath.

New owners. New name. Pretty big remodel job.

Food is 50% off for month of July

We went last night: Salmon, chicken and a couple filets. Everybody was impressed.
Regular pricing more in line with like Saltgrass prices.
scottimus
AG
Heard good things about that place.

I think the work with local growers too.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
oldvalleyrat
AG
We noticed that they were having meals at half price in August too, so we decided to stop in and have lunch.

It looks to be set up to be a high end steak place. Prices are pretty high, tables with table cloths, no paper napkins etc. We had to wait with others when we got there because there wasn't anyone at the front desk. After about 5 minutes, a lady came and took us to our seats. Not a very big place but there were a couple of small groups and us. We had to wait again for someone to come and ask about our drink. Very slow bringing the drinks out and asking about our order and salad. The salad was pretty small but not bad.

Another long wait, nearly 20 minutes, before our meal was brought to the table. I had asked for a 12 ounce steak medium. After the long wait they brought the steak and it was VERY rare! So I sent it back and we waited again. After each wait the manager would run over and apologize for the wait! Finally the order was delivered, it tasted good but wasn't what I expected for $30.

I am not sure why the service was so lousy but it was. We got to the restaurant at approximately 12:00 and didn't get out till 1:30. I am glad I am not a working stiff because I would have certainly been late getting back to work. Totally unacceptable. Maybe the bowling alley next door is better!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.