Missiles in Tulia?

3,260 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CanyonAg77
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone from Tulia that can help with a small mystery?

This past week's "Texas Country Reporter" had a story about Tucker Bowling Parts in Tulia. They are the largest supplier of used bowling equipment in the world. They operate out of a facility that includes nine large Quonset barns in northeast Tulia.

But what caught my ear was an offhand comment that the owners made. They said that when their dad took over those barns in the 1960s, the government first had to come and clean out all the missiles that were stored there.

Wait, what? Why in the world would missiles be stored in Tulia, Texas, miles from any factory or military base?

Has anyone from the Tulia area ever heard that story?

Google Maps
WestTexasAg
AG
I'm not from Tulia, but that is intriguing.
CanyonAg77
AG
I'll try to comment more later, but digging in to it, I found that the Tulia NG unit was assigned 12 jeeps with 106mm recoiless rifles mounted.

I suspect some spares or parts for these were the "missiles" in question.
Jimbos Plaque
AG
There's a lot of secret squirrel stuff in the panhandle.

Like how there's a nondescript hangar on the NE side of the airport that has an elevator and a tunnel that goes straight to the DOE installation I won't name. It also goes about 40 stories deep in some places. IMO that's where all the real area 51 style stuff is.
CanyonAg77
AG
You a funny guy.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Similar deal near Iraan, Texas.
CanyonAg77
AG
Two funny guys
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.