Looking for employment around Amarillo, Lubbock, or Abilene

2,072 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by resmith09
resmith09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to move my family back to the Panhandle/West Texas (I'm from Snyder), and have been scoping it out for a while now to no avail. I know it's usually easier to find jobs out that way while you live out there, though, so I'm hoping maybe someone on here may know of some viable options.

I'm an Ag Leadership grad from '09, and I have an MBA from Texas Tech in 2011. I'm currently a lobbyist in Austin with about 7 years of work experience in agriculture and natural resource public policy and government relations, including some communications work. Prior to that I also had experience in real estate management for a bank and field/community engagement for Texas Farm Bureau. I realize government relations in that part of the state is few and far between, so I'm open to a career change, I just have to be cautious not to take too far of a step back that I can't provide for my family.

Any leads/ideas/connections are helpful, and greatly appreciated.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Pantex is a big employer that might overlap with some of your experience. Lots of environmental work.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Unemployment in the Amarillo area is around 2%, I actually think it's a little below. There are lots and lots of jobs here. Your right, your skills don't really match the economy here, but when unemployment is that low, people are willing to hire for talent and train because they have to. And it's an awesome place to live, so good luck you and congrats on making a decision that is good for your family.

I work at WTAMU, so if you see anything there that interests you, let me know.
resmith09
AG
Thanks Bluecat- I'll keep an eye out for anything at WT or around the area and let you know, likewise if you hear of anything I certainly appreciate the heads up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.