Where have all the AMs gone?

1,333 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BenTheGoodAg
CanyonAg77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two strong area stations, 1090 out of Plainview and 1550 out of Amarillo, have both gone off the air recently .

I assume they're both out of business, never to return. Has anyone heard for sure?

I guess this is just the continued decline of local radio. Any other thoughts or ideas? I guess I just need to go with FM and satellite radio. Not easy with old vehicles.
BenTheGoodAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hadn't heard that they've gone off the air, buts it's been a while since I listened to AM radio.

What are you listening to? Most of the AM programs I used listen to were some form of talk radio. Not only were the signals iffy in some parts, podcasts have really replaced these types of broadcasts for me. It's my guess that most listeners prefer the ease of access and reduced commercials of podcasts, which is killing AM broadcast stations.

I think you're seeing a similar effect on the music side with Pandora and Spotify, etc. but probably not to the same degree.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.