WTAM Presidential Search

2,332 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bluecat_Aggie94
Upperdeck Critic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The new President at WTAM seems like an odd choice. Being a WT alum, I find the selection puzzling. What was the search committee thinking and why this person, Dr. Wendler? What was the Board of Regents thinking? I'll give him an opportunity to show what he can do for WTAM. He was retired at 66. He was passed over for the presidencies at A&M-Corpus Christi and Mississippi State. He stated he wants to stay around for 10 years because this is how long it will take to establish some doctoral programs. I'm not impressed at all with his work at Southern Illinois when he was the Chancellor.
Additionally, the Texas A&M System's press release on him is either misleading on purpose or a lie.
The press release stated he completed his chancellor's contract at SIU in Carbondale. He did not complete it. He was reassigned to the School of Architecture with 8 months remaining on his term as Chancellor. After reading about SIU, it didn't seem as if the leadership at the school was stable during Wendler's term at the Carbondale campus. Did someone at A&M just befriend him and give him a job because they felt sorry for him or owed him something, or is this a legitimate selection. His selection is just a mystery and the A&M system is not leveling with the WT contingent..
Bluecat_Aggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1) SIU is a hellhole. His time as Chancellor was the most stable period they have had in 20 years. 2) He was run off because he is a man of values, and he didn't let them budge and that got him in trouble. 3) Being re-assigned does not mean he didn't fulfill his contact. It was their choice to reassign, and if you look into the reasons for that reassignment, it will make you like Wendler more, not less. 4) Have you met the guy?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.