Palo Duro Canyon - spring break

2,479 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by CanyonAg77
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like I will be dragging the family to the Panhandle for spring break. Would like to find something fun for my highschool aged kids to do. how would camping in Palo Duro Canyon be in mid-march. We have a big popup and have camped in the cold before. Where would best palce be? What else is there to do this time of year?
CanyonAg77
AG
Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7

CanyonAg77
AG
Amarillo Visitors Calendar

Looks like minor league hockey and indoor football during that week, as well as a Lipizzaner Stallion performance. Also a gun and knife show and Western Antique show.

Canyon CofC visitor info
CanyonAg77
AG
At the park:

Feeding the longhorns

Nature hike 1

Nature hike 2

Wildlife talk

Birdwatching walk

Native History Day

CanyonAg77
AG
As far as the best place to camp, I don't really know, since I've never camped there. But you better reserve YESTERDAY, spring break is very busy there.

[This message has been edited by CanyonAg77 (edited 3/7/2011 11:49p).]
AgTech88
AG
wow - that is perfect - thanks for the help.
blw9108
AG
Canyon is right, it is going to be hard to find a spot. I camp there in a fifthwheel and prefer Mesquite but any will work. I reserved the last weekend of spring break a couple of weeks ago and was unable to get a spot the first weeekend already. If you want to come and it says its full, keep checking back for cancellations.
CanyonAg77
AG
If PD Canyon is full, I'd suggest looking at Caprock Canyons. If you're coming from the east, it might be closer anyway. And if you're really dead set on PD, maybe hit CC first, then move to PD when reservations open.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.