Houston
Sponsored by

Eclipse traffic

20,422 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by 94chem
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are still going. Will be a fun camping trip and maybe the skys part just for us. If nothing else, it will hopefully weed out a bunch of day trip folks and will make traffic less.
chico
AG
Glad we made the road trip to Nashville several years ago to see it then, was just spectacular - I'm driving to Austin for this one, rain or shine.
maroon barchetta
I'm going to see my brother in Wimberley regardless.
Jock 07
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

We are still going. Will be a fun camping trip and maybe the skys part just for us. If nothing else, it will hopefully weed out a bunch of day trip folks and will make traffic less.

This is actually what happened for me in 2017 when I drove from Omaha to Grand Isle. Was cloudy pretty much the entire drive over and then all of the sudden about 5 or 10 minutes before it was supposed to hit the sky opened up enough to see everything. The clouds that were in the sky actually made for a really cool 360 sunset.
AggieMom24
Something to consider is the eclipse itself changes the weather. When we were in Fredericksburg for the fall one, it was crazy how the clouds flattened out and dissipated - which makes sense without the heat from the sun.
Cromagnum
AG
Suck it Dallas.

Martin Q. Blank
Cromagnum said:

Suck it Dallas.

I'm pretty sure the entire state will be overcast.
Ag_07
AG
Cromagnum said:

Suck it Dallas.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
RIP Bill Paxton and PSH.
Sazerac
AG
Colleague flew in from the Netherlands with his wife this week. Renting RV and headed west of San Antonio Saturday.

Did similar in 2017.

Crazy to me
Scruffy
AG
I just realized I'll be in a plane flying DFW to IND about to land at the time of totality in Indianapolis..... I didn't think about the eclipse, nor would I want an earlier flight.
jja79
AG
Friend with a ranch in Coryell County told me yesterday he saw a number of Michigan plates yesterday.

I told him to send me pictures if he doesn't go blind monday.
Greendale 87
AG
Not sure I get the eclipse hate posts. Yea, maybe it's cloudy…..if in company of folks you love who cares.

At least for me, the family trips we took that were most memorable and we still talk about had a disaster or two.

Hell - I wouldn't remember the Disney trip twenty years ago if not for my wife puking on a ride and getting Disney-issued scrubs to wear the rest of the day……trip ruined? No - a vivid memory that still brings a smile.

Cloudy and being stuck in traffic on eclipse day is the same thing.
maroon barchetta
Greendale 87 said:

Not sure I get the eclipse hate posts. Yea, maybe it's cloudy…..if in company of folks you love who cares.

At least for me, the family trips we took that were most memorable and we still talk about had a disaster or two.

Hell - I wouldn't remember the Disney trip twenty years ago if not for my wife puking on a ride and getting Disney-issued scrubs to wear the rest of the day……trip ruined? No - a vivid memory that still brings a smile.

Cloudy and being stuck in traffic on eclipse day is the same thing.

thatsmyfetish.gif
SportySpice
spadilly
S

Texaggie7nine
You thought a Sharknado was bad. Wait till you experience an Eclipsenado
7nine
Sazerac
AG
Sazerac said:

Colleague flew in from the Netherlands with his wife this week. Renting RV and headed west of San Antonio Saturday.

Did similar in 2017.

Crazy to me

Meet up with them today. Said their plane from Amsterdam was loaded with eclipse chasers
BudFox7
The traffic fear mongers are wrong so far. I'm sure Monday won't be pleasant but Friday traffic is nothing abnormal.
Captain Winky
They sound like my B of a sister, "Oh you like something which I don't? Well, you're stupid for liking that thing."
MAROON
AG
Someone just told my wife that "Llano is out of gas".

Surely that is bull ****e
one MEEN Ag
AG
MAROON said:

Someone just told my wife that "Llano is out of gas".

Surely that is bull ****e

"Yeah fill up well before there." -Buc-ee's management.
Jock 07
AG
BudFox7 said:

The traffic fear mongers are wrong so far. I'm sure Monday won't be pleasant but Friday traffic is nothing abnormal.

If it's like 2017 it's not until after the eclipse when the real traffic hits.
redag06
Normal Friday traffic all the way out to Luling.

As for gas……this is why I have a 36 gallon tank. 650+ miles per tank
wessimo
AG
Normal traffic on I-10 / hwy 90 out to Utopia
Texaggie7nine
Shaping out to be a great day

7nine
Cromagnum
AG
As soon as I saw the eclipse was gonna be in April around here, I knew it was a lock for thunderstorm day.
redaszag99
Traffic is backed for miles going into Brenham on 290 because it is down to 1 lane for construction
MAROON
AG
Normal traffic between Houston and Austin. And of course no gas shortages
maroon barchetta
Slow on 21 between bastrop and San Marcos.
TXAG 05
AG
BudFox7 said:

It's like saying the traffic isn't bad in college Station on Wednesday before a football game.
H-town ag
AG
Running errands around H-Town today ... CityCentre and Bunkerhill. Traffic was really high. Looked like a lot of people from out of town and did not know where they were going. Parking lot near HEB was the fullest that I have ever seen.
94chem
H-town ag said:

Running errands around H-Town today ... CityCentre and Bunkerhill. Traffic was really high. Looked like a lot of people from out of town and did not know where they were going. Parking lot near HEB was the fullest that I have ever seen.

If they're in Houston, they clearly don't.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
MAROON
AG
In horseshoe bay - there is literally no traffic on the main drag here.
BMX Bandit
Update:

Very dark outside right now.

No traffic in heights. Everyone must be at HEB watching

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.