Houston
Sponsored by

How do you get people to a WMLS game?

2,657 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bigjag19
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vanilla Ice of course.

https://www.houstondynamofc.com/houstondash/fan-appreciation-night
7nine
NoahAg
Did you miss the part about Rob Base AND Tone Loc? This trio should be playing at NRG.
Nice Ash
spadilly
S
Right during the Astros game a few blocks over.
The Porkchop Express
AG
WMLS = Word to your Mutha League Soccer
Texaggie7nine
spadilly said:

Right during the Astros game a few blocks over.
If they delayed the concert till after the Stro game, I'm sure they could sell out the rest of the tickets to the Dynamo stadium.
7nine
AustinCountyAg
I'm expecting tens of people to be at this soccer game.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Vanilla Ice of course.

https://www.houstondynamofc.com/houstondash/fan-appreciation-night

This lineup played the Texas Hall of Fame circa about 1998.
Texaggie7nine
Guess Ice is getting too old to race dirt bikes, so he has to go back to his original grind.
7nine
EclipseAg
AG
What a weird lineup for a women's soccer match.
Ciboag96
WNBA says they have an attendance problem

WMLS says hold my Zima
bigjag19
AG
If they moved this game to 2, with concert at 4, they could sell out the entire stadium. 20 for upper deck.
sts7049
AG
i went to a dash game once, it was a pretty decent size crowd. not 10 people for sure.
randy828
AG
This is the only reason I would want to go

https://www.instagram.com/ryangareis/

HtownAg92
AG
They could probably finish all three of their hits during stoppage time so all the fans wouldn't have to stay later.
MAS444
AG
I went to one game a year or two ago because one of my kids was on the field before the game for some deal and the stadium was pretty packed. Ran into a couple of people I knew, which surprised me. It may have been a playoff game or something. Anyway, I was very surprised at how many people were there.
bigjag19
AG
They had a playoff last April or May. Many free tickets given out.

Normally they don't have the upper deck even open.
MAS444
AG
That's probably what/when it was.
lancevance
I have taken my kids (boys 11 and 14) twice. It's cheap, easy parking, no crowds. Get in, watch, enjoy a snack, cheer, leave and be out of there to find dinner. NBA, MLB, NFL tickets are just too expensive for a family. They are fine when going by yourself or work is paying.
BQ_90
AG
Has is Ivory not on the card
drwong
AG
I went to the game and stayed for the concert afterwards. Tone Loc started and did three songs although he did about half the rapping and the other half was by some unnamed DJ. Of course he did Funky Cold Medina and Wild Thing and the third song was just him alternating between saying "ladies let me hear you" and "fellas let me hear you".

Then Rob Base came on and he did three songs interspersed with lots of talk about "how we did it in the 90s".

Finally the headliner Vanilla Ice came on. His second song was something from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack so they had a guy in a Donatello costume (the only reason I knew it was Donatello was because Vanilla said so) join him on stage. At one point, Donatello goes to the ground to spin around but then he gets stuck and can't get up so a roadie has to come out to help.

A few songs later, Vanilla did a song about being "Ice" which I guess was a sequel to Ice Ice Baby? Not being familiar with his catalogue, it was new to me.

Vanilla then did Ice Ice Baby. During that song, he tries to take his jacket off so he can show the Dash jersey he's wearing but he can't get it off so the roadie has to come out and help him with that too.

While all this was going on, there were a bunch of women/kids from the crowd on stage dancing plus Donatello, a guy in a luchador mask and some guy in a weird clown/Pokmon outfit.

I figured that would be it but he kept going with other songs I didn't know but we (and a bunch of other people) left at that point.

I guess my point is that it was the train wreck that one expected but everyone seemed to have a good time.
bigjag19
AG
What kind of crowd?
Furlock Bones
AG
Hahaha awesome.
drwong
AG
bigjag19 said:

What kind of crowd?
Hard to say how many stayed for the concert but they moved everyone from the east side to the west side. We had seats in the club section and they wouldn't let non club people in those areas. But the section next to us was completely full for the concert. In general, I'd say it was one of the larger crowds for a Dash game this season, if not the biggest. They had the upper deck open which is pretty rare. As someone mentioned I think, they were doing a Buy One Get One special and season ticket holders got additional free tickets as well.
GoAgs92
AG
Last year I took my kid to the final Dynamo game and the tickets were about $25 from seatgeek that I bought at the last second. Beers and food were as pricey as other pro sports in town. The dynamo were the 2nd to worst team in the league but it was still had over 21k in attendance.

They announced the Dash's home playoff game was the next weekend and tickets were $5….Beers would be $1….hot dogs $1. They supposedly sold out the lower bowl or close to it. Everything was so cheap I almost considered going.

Not sure what else could be done to get butts in the seats….

bigjag19
AG
I for one have no issues paying for women's sports.

For instance, I regularly take in fitness competitions at this place on Westheimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.