Houston
Sponsored by

Barbers Hill

16,774 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Al Bula
Aggie Hunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Friends are saying that black panthers are planning on storming or going on campus to protest. Has anyone else seen or heard this? I dont have facebook or twitter so I only get my info from texags or word of mouth.
Cromagnum
AG
His family is milking this for everything they can though.

Quote:

She added there are no teachers explaining Darryl's lessons, and he's being fed bologna sandwiches and doesn't get the school lunch options other students do.

"So you giving them jail bologna sandwiches, and let's be clear about bologna, research shows you can get cancer from bologna," she said.
BG Knocc Out
So dumb. Vikings and ancient Germanic people had long hair and many even rocked dreads. By this kid's mother's logic, whites should also be exempt from any rules or standards in schools/corporate America/military etc. regarding hair styling.
BBRex
AG
Rules regarding hair length are pretty much a waste of time, anyway. Much ado about nothing.
CDUB98
AG
Dumb hill for Barbers to die on.
BG Knocc Out
CDUB98 said:

Yep, they need to know that you have to have separate rules for black people nowadays or something bad is bound to happen.
TarponChaser
Some context or backstory would be helpful here.
Booma94
AG
CDUB98 said:

SCOTUS has consistently become more relaxed in their interpretations on what rules schools can enforce, and it is unlikely the school district would prevail should it make it that far. Doesn't make a lot of sense to throw away resources on a legal fight you're not likely to win.
CDUB98
AG
Booma94 said:

CDUB98 said:

SCOTUS has consistently become more relaxed in their interpretations on what rules schools can enforce, and it is unlikely the school district would prevail should it make it that far. Doesn't make a lot of sense to throw away resources on a legal fight you're not likely to win.

Exactamundo
Aggie Hunter
AG
TarponChaser said:

Some context or backstory would be helpful here.

Male Student has been suspended because hair is to long. School has suspended him because of length. Family is suing for crown act. School says crown act says nothing about length.

Quinell X and Candace have been set up across from school for 2 weeks protesting but rumor is black panthers are coming and actually going to go on campus. I have even heard "storm" campus. Again i have no clue i am just the messenger and curious if anyone had heard of them "storming" campus or is that a rumor on social media.
drumboy
AG
Barbers Hill is full, move to Vidor.
AustinCountyAg
CDUB98 said:

I disagree completely. Should be enough evidence out there in todays society that if you give someone an inch they will take a mile. If the district wants boys hair to be a certain length and the parent signs the code of conduct which I gurantee they did then that's on her. If you don't like the rules, move.

BHISD has deep pockets and I'd imagine going to court isnt a big deal for them if they have all their i's dotted.

I applaud them and wish more district would have balls like them and not cave. This is why teachers are quitting in droves and why discipline has gone to **** in schools. Mommy doesn't like something they ***** and complain and hope the school caves. Zero backbone.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Barbers is upset because a kid didn't get a haircut. School district name checks out.
Texaggie7nine
Isn't their argument that their dread locks and length of them are part of their religion. Rastafarian or whatever?

I think that trumps any stupid school hair rule a public school has. I don't usually support what the ACLU does, but I would support them fighting this.
7nine
BG Knocc Out
Texaggie7nine said:

Isn't their argument that their dread locks and length of them are part of their religion. Rastafarian or whatever?

I think that trumps any stupid school hair rule a public school has. I don't usually support what the ACLU does, but I would support them fighting this.
I think that is the argument for actual Jamaica-mon Rastafarians...which there are not many of in Houston. Sikh's would probably get a religious exemption too. We had a similar hair policy at my HS and the two Sikh kids I knew were allowed to have it super long...although they kept it in a bun.

Edit: Are you saying you heard that was the claim by the kid and mother in this specific instance? If so, he's not doing it Rasta-style.
Texaggie7nine
BG Knocc Out said:

Texaggie7nine said:

I think that is the argument for actual Jamaica-mon Rastafarians...which there are not many of in Houston. Sikh's would probably get a religious exemption too. We had a similar hair policy at my HS and the two Sikh kids I knew were allowed to have it super long...although they kept it in a bun.

Edit: Are you saying you heard that was the claim by the kid and mother in this specific instance? If so, he's not doing it Rasta-style.
From the story

Quote:

In George's family, all the men have dreadlocks, going back generations. To them, the hairstyle has cultural and religious importance, his mother said.

"Our hair is where our strength is, that's our roots," Darresha George said. "He has his ancestors locked into his hair, and he knows that."
7nine
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
AustinCountyAg said:

CDUB98 said:

I disagree completely. Should be enough evidence out there in todays society that if you give someone an inch they will take a mile. If the district wants boys hair to be a certain length and the parent signs the code of conduct which I gurantee they did then that's on her. If you don't like the rules, move.

BHISD has deep pockets and I'd imagine going to court isnt a big deal for them if they have all their i's dotted.

I applaud them and wish more district would have balls like them and not cave. This is why teachers are quitting in droves and why discipline has gone to **** in schools. Mommy doesn't like something they ***** and complain and hope the school caves. Zero backbone.

It's dumb. Years ago we used to say that kids with colored hair would be a distraction. The only people that were a distraction from learning were the adults that enforced the rule.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Mas89
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

CDUB98 said:

This same scenario played out in BH a couple years ago. The kid even went on some famous tv show. He wouldn't cut his dreads. BHISD did not back down. I think the kid eventually moved.
As stated, BH has plenty of industry, money, and people in power will not back down. I-10 runs both ways and they can pick the direction. Adios Mo Fo.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
And the hair policy isn't why teachers are leaving in droves. I'm all for schools holding students accountable but this ain't it.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Sea Speed
AG
His ancestors locked in to his hair? GMAFB.
Sea Speed
AG
I wonder if his great great granddaddy gave him a leprechaun flute too

?fit=735%2C413&ssl=1
evestor1
First free throw I ever made in a game was at Barbers Hill MS back in 96.

This kid needs to trim the dreads or move on bc Barbers Hill has more money than all of Jamaica and doesn't give an eff about your feelings.
AustinCountyAg
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

And the hair policy isn't why teachers are leaving in droves. I'm all for schools holding students accountable but this ain't it.
reading comprehension clearly isnt a strong point of yours.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
AustinCountyAg said:

Do you feel better after your little jab? The length of a kids hair, as long as it isn't a safety issue, is of no concern to the learning process. The school is absurdly disrupting this kids learning opportunity over an old fashion way of looking at things. Old fashion isn't always bad but in this instance, it is.
AustinCountyAg

AustinCountyAg said:

Do you feel better after your little jab? The length of a kids hair, as long as it isn't a safety issue, is of no concern to the learning process. The school is absurdly disrupting this kids learning opportunity over an old fashion way of looking at things. Old fashion isn't always bad but in this instance, it is.
once again you're missing the point.

BHISD has a rule regarding the length of boys hair. They knew the rule when they agreed to send there child to the school district. NOW they don't like it and want to ***** and complain and hope they cave. It's a terrible mentality of modern America and I applaud the district for not caving. If they didn't agree with the district's rules in place I'm sure Pasadena ISD is more liberal in their dress code and you can wear your hair as you choose. Also, I'm sure the eduction you receive is on par as well (sarcastic).

I'm gunna assume you have no problem with fetterman wearing a ten dollar hoddie and shorts into the senate and dressing like a slob as well? You see how the libs caved to him. It's ridiculous and I think doing that for him is a ****ing joke as well. Again you give people an inch and they take a mile.

94chem
Have you seen the kid's hair? It's just hair. In the real world we have better things to worry about. When I saw my black female colleague with about 6" of hair start wearing it naturally instead of conforming to white woman standards, I appreciated how much work she had to do to fit in. I shave my head every 2 weeks because it was easier than trying to fight baldness. I'm glad she has the freedom to not paste hers down to look white enough every day. It's hair. Hair. I'm 51. People need Jesus, not rules about hair.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Texaggie7nine
Having spent time in Europe and Australia, I really think we should follow suit and have school uniforms for public schools. It just makes so much sense. As for hair, as long as it's not artificially colored with dye, who cares how long it is or what style.
7nine
jbanda
AG
We are in LCISD. Our elementary school has a "uniform policy." It's solid color polos or school tshirts, with shorts, skirts, pants in either denim, khaki, or blue. Not bad at all.
jbanda
AG
Also, I literally work down the street from this school and haven't heard a thing about it locally (yes I have a long commute every day).
suburban cowboy
AG
You can either agree of disagree with the rule, but the point is that it's not a racist rule.

That's what the blacks have been told for decades by the left. Everything is racist. You are a victim. This rule was out in place to discriminate against black kids.

That's simply not the case, Barbers Hill knows that, and major kudos to the BHISD school board and Greg Poole (who is an Ag, btw) for sticking to their guns.
94chem
suburban cowboy said:

You can either agree of disagree with the rule, but the point is that it's not a racist rule.

That's what the blacks have been told for decades by the left. Everything is racist. You are a victim. This rule was out in place to discriminate against black kids.

That's simply not the case, Barbers Hill knows that, and major kudos to the BHISD school board and Greg Poole (who is an Ag, btw) for sticking to their guns.
You're missing the middle ground, aren't you? Are you doing it on purpose, or do you really not know?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AustinCountyAg
94chem said:

suburban cowboy said:

You're missing the middle ground, aren't you? Are you doing it on purpose, or do you really not know?
what's the middle ground here? District has a rule the prohibits length of boys hair. Said boy is breaking the rule. District punishments are enforced. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Also curious why this boys family didn't raise hell for years with the district about his locks since they are so precious? So precious that he only decided to start growing them out over the summer and now they have a problem with district dress code???
Mikeyshooter
AG
Quote:

When I saw my black female colleague with about 6" of hair start wearing it naturally instead of conforming to white woman standards, I appreciated how much work she had to do to fit in.
This might be the funniest sentence I've seen on this board in a long time.
94chem
Mikeyshooter said:

Quote:

When I saw my black female colleague with about 6" of hair start wearing it naturally instead of conforming to white woman standards, I appreciated how much work she had to do to fit in.
This might be the funniest sentence I've seen on this board in a long time.
I'm glad the internet has provided a comfortable home for your sense of humor.

If we held the obese midsections of men to the same standards we held the hair of black women, 75% of the workforce would need liposuction overnight.
94chem,
Sea Speed
AG
What the ****. This is about a dudes hair, not fat men or black women.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.