Houston
Sponsored by

Another golf cart-involved accident

24,463 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JCA1
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cypress Towne Lake

Three people riding a golf cart at 3am hit by an Excalade. Two guys on the cart died, another person is critical.

The two adults and the child in the Caddy are ok.

That's not a great time of the night to be carting around.

I know there have been some spirited debates about the use of golf carts in the past. Driving them at 3am wasn't really part of the discussion.

https://abc13.com/cypress-golf-cart-crash-deadly-accident-greenhouse-road-and-towne-lake-wreck-town/13607272/
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Child out at 3am.
I Am A Critic
Darwin remains undefeated.
Username checks out.
Al Bula
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Darwin remains undefeated.
nah, vagina laughs at Darwin.
Ragoo
AG
I live less than half a mile from that intersection. Second fatal MV accident in the neighborhood in as many weeks.
DDub74
Driving a golf cart or ATV at that time of night is never good whether on city streets or at the deer lease. Alcohol usually involved. An incident a few years back at our deer lease ended up with Life Flight. Luckily no one seriously injured. Nothing like being woken up at 4 AM because you hear a helicopter landing next to your camp.
sts7049
AG
stupid actions have consequences
Ragoo
AG
sts7049 said:

I mean, you don't know the circumstances.
maroon barchetta
Ragoo said:

sts7049 said:

Driving a golf cart on a city street at 3am. We know that.
Ragoo
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Ragoo said:

sts7049 said:

Driving a golf cart on a city street at 3am. We know that.
do you know that? That is a confusing 4 way stop with construction to widen to 4 lanes and the addition of traffic lights. Maybe they were crossing the street or avoiding an area where the side walk is ripped up/under construction.
Ray Guy
AG
Golf carts are fine. Stop it
maroon barchetta
Ray Guy said:

Golf carts are fine. Stop it

At least one is not fine.
sts7049
AG
Ragoo said:

sts7049 said:

do you?
Ray Guy
AG
Respectfully, please stop ruining everyone's good time. Nobody wants to ride around the neighborhood in a lame truck or Minivan like all the other sheep. Buzzkill drivers need to watch the **** out for other vehicles on the road.

Go outside and dunk your head in the pool and open beer for ****s sake.
Ray Guy
AG
"Ooooh I'm in a huge hurry to drive my ford clown truck to Home Depot so I can finish my eye sore of a DIY project" move over, golf carts and leisure enthusiasts own the road now. Respectfully
BayAg_14
Are you drunk?
maroon barchetta
BayAg_14 said:

Are you drunk?

First time to read a Ray Guy post?
Dimebag Darrell
Yeah if you're going to be on a bike, golf cart or anything of that nature that late at night…you have to keep your head on a swivel and play it safe. That is a bad intersection right now and I can't wait until it's completed.

Towne Lake was basically built with golf carts in mind, they're not going away, nor should they imo.
Dimebag Darrell
Ragoo said:

I live less than half a mile from that intersection. Second fatal MV accident in the neighborhood in as many weeks.

Was the other one involving a golf cart? Just curious.
Dimebag Darrell
maroon barchetta said:

Cypress Towne Lake

Three people riding a golf cart at 3am hit by an Excalade. Two guys on the cart died, another person is critical.

The two adults and the child in the Caddy are ok.

That's not a great time of the night to be carting around.

I know there have been some spirited debates about the use of golf carts in the past. Driving them at 3am wasn't really part of the discussion.

https://abc13.com/cypress-golf-cart-crash-deadly-accident-greenhouse-road-and-towne-lake-wreck-town/13607272/

3rd guy died. Two 37 year olds and one 41 year old. Probably three grieving fatherless families right now. Horrible, but I hope it at least gets some attention and some lessons are learned.
maroon barchetta
Awful.
tylercsbn9
AG
Ragoo said:

sts7049 said:

No circumstances make sense to drive a golf cart at 3am on the road other than maybe their car battery died and they were rushing to a hospital or something

I live over in Bridgeland and a year ago came incredibly close to hitting some moron at 11pm driving a golf cart on Mason rd by the high school where the speed limit is 45 mph. There's lots of brush so pulling beyond the median is tricky even when deal with cars with proper lights.
Ragoo
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Ragoo said:

Was the other one involving a golf cart? Just curious.
no
Ragoo
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Ragoo said:

sts7049 said:

No circumstances make sense to drive a golf cart at 3am other than maybe their car battery died and they were rushing to a hospital or something
or maybe like at a friends house hanging out or something.
tylercsbn9
AG
Ragoo said:

tylercsbn9 said:

Ragoo said:

sts7049 said:

No circumstances make sense to drive a golf cart at 3am other than maybe their car battery died and they were rushing to a hospital or something
or maybe like at a friends house hanging out or something.

Sorry . No that makes zero sense. You drive a car for that. Not a golf cart at 3am

I have a freaking golf cart but I'm not dumb enough to drive it at night even on my culdesac much less a busier street like tuckerton

That intersection is also notoriously bad. I assume they are residents or at least one was and should know better. And it can't be blamed on dumb kids not knowing better because they were in their 30s/40s
HeyAbbott
AG
Not in the dark at 3 am
Big Al 1992
AG
There are kids - talking 12-14 year olds - driving golf carts in Towne Lake all the time. Not obeying stop signs, driving without lights, just not paying attention. Because they are 12-14!years old and no one has taught them, or they don't pay attention, rules of the road, right away, and that golf carts are heavy machinery and can be deadly. Saying all this because surprised it wasn't kids killed but shows they are dangerous - especially at that time of night - for all ages.
tylercsbn9
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

There are kids - talking 12-14 year olds - driving golf carts in Towne Lake all the time. Not obeying stop signs, driving without lights, just not paying attention. Because they are 12-14!years old and no one has taught them, or they don't pay attention, rules of the road, right away, and that golf carts are heavy machinery and can be deadly. Saying all this because surprised it wasn't kids killed but shows they are dangerous - especially at that time of night - for all ages.

Yeah. I'm always extra careful on tuckerton when I go over to the boardwalk. Seen too many instances of kids driving their parents golf carts doing dumb ***** I'm sure it's worse on the side streets. Just a matter of time before it happens in Bridgeland. If we ever get that town center I predict it'll happen shortly after that when you consider it'll be right next to the high school.
Ragoo
AG
Yes agreed on the teens. Too many just roaming around the n carts.
Dimebag Darrell
Natalie Hee is muy pretty in person. My daughter and I were out in the front yard playing with ice that I just dumped from cooler and Fox 26 SUV randomly pulled up asking if I knew anything about the accident, if late night golf cart driving or golf carts in general are an issue in the neighborhood, if I knew any of those involved etc.

Pretended like I didn't know who she was and like I wasn't one of many Texags creepers who post on the Tine/Traffic/Sports girls thread. She's easily in my top 3 in the tine…wifey material. Even my wife agrees.

Apologies for slight derail.
Sea Speed
AG
Thats because your wife is also Asian so she has that Asian pride. They gotta stick together.
Jack Cheese
AG
bhuff111
Reading the running commentary from the perspective of someone who knows the 41 y/o and has played golf with him multiple times. The judgmental aire of nearly every poster is unbelievable. These were real guys with real wives and real children that were having a fun night watching the UFC fight and just didn't make it back home. They had no idea they had seen their last sunrise, said their last goodbyes, slapped their last high fives, worked their last Friday, took their last picture. They were simply trying to make it home, and didn't. Try to imagine what their families are going thru when commenting, and then imagine their friends and family reading the comments.
Dimebag Darrell
bhuff111 said:

Reading the running commentary from the perspective of someone who knows the 41 y/o and has played golf with him multiple times. The judgmental aire of nearly every poster is unbelievable. These were real guys with real wives and real children that were having a fun night watching the UFC fight and just didn't make it back home. They had no idea they had seen their last sunrise, said their last goodbyes, slapped their last high fives, worked their last Friday, took their last picture. They were simply trying to make it home, and didn't. Try to imagine what their families are going thru when commenting, and then imagine their friends and family reading the comments.

Agreed 100%.

It's very tragic, gut wrenching thinking about what their families must be going through.
Dimebag Darrell
Big Al 1992 said:

This really is the issue that parents need to be more aware of. I regularly see Jr High aged girls driving these things around busy intersections and I have personally witnessed two cases of them accidentally idling into the street and having to take 3-4 seconds to reverse back onto the sidewalk.

This is a freak horrible accident, but I cringe when I see kids out driving these things around. Seems like it's only a matter of time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.