Houston
Sponsored by

AJ Armstrong Murder Trial - Part 3

11,089 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Al Bula
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm shocked it was admitted into evidence especially because it was found well after the 3rd trial was brought forth. As I mentioned above, there is no way this is the last of this case.
W
AG
whoa, that is a surprise

but it was kind of a process of elimination based upon the house alarm
agz win
AG
Justice. For now.
Bucketrunner
I don't trust the Houston police. The sudden discovery of additional evidence? I call bs.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bucketrunner said:

I don't trust the Houston police. The sudden discovery of additional evidence? I call bs.

HPD has proven they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Al Bula
AG
Whoa… guilty?!

Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

With the guilty verdict, A.J. was immediately sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 40 years. Due to his age at the time of the murders, he did not face the possibility of the death penalty.
agz win
AG
Big win for Kim Ogg and the DA's office.

https://www.khou.com/amp/article/news/crime/aj-armstrong-verdict/285-0d86bc41-e8e4-4040-9a7c-1207e2abce7b

Al Bula
AG
Can't wait for "Making a Murderer: Texas Heat" to come out in 2030, which three trials, a civil suit and the first of many appeals is sure to warrant.
chlavinka
AG
Justice for Antonio and Dawn! It's a great day in Harris County.
Madman
AG
Microwave Onions said:

agz win said:

Needs to be some street justice.
From whom? All of the people directly affected by this case - in real life and not just on the internet - believe he is innocent and are standing by him.
This is not completely true.

Without posting too much my extended family is connected to his. I have done my best to not pay attention to all the family talk but that is just impossible.
W
AG
one issue among many for the family members that support him...

the appeals process will continue for a long time...which means the legal bills & expenses will continue for a long time. Someone has to pay those.

and a question for probate experts...how does the conviction impact what he received from his parents estate and/or life insurance policy? Do the other siblings have a claim on his portion now?

which of course means more lawyers
MalePTAPrez
Didn't realize he was a Kinkaid guy until someone at work brought it up. Interesting. Wish I had followed more closely
SockDePot
Setting justice aside, it is frightening to me that the prosecution can fail 2 times to convict, and still be allowed to prosecute a 3rd time.

Imagine when owning a certain type of gun or something we all take for granted on a day to day basis is made illegal. You can just keep getting prosecuted until they find the right jury to convict you?

Is this not tiptoeing down the line of double jeopardy?
The Kraken
AG
Hung jury does not equal being found not guilty. Prosecution has the option to retry.
SockDePot
The Kraken said:

Hung jury does not equal being found not guilty. Prosecution has the option to retry.

I understand that, so as long as there is one person on the jury the prosecution can convince, you can be tried forever until you lose or give up.

At some point you run out of $ for attorneys. You probably can't keep a normal job for various reasons.

It costs the state nothing.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Cry me an f'ing river.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/11/24/ive-been-really-worried-wife-of-aj-armstrong-says-she-hasnt-murder-conviction/
swimmerbabe11
So he allegedly murdered his parents at age 16, didn't get convicted until age 23..and somewhere in there got a wife and child?

Kind of impressive honestly.
Al Bula
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

So he allegedly murdered his parents at age 16, didn't get convicted until age 23..and somewhere in there got a wife and child?

impressive because he was likely advised by defense council to impregnate his idiotic part time slam piece for juror sympathy or because he purposefully chose to perpetuate the stereotype of the incarcerated black father despite having an education and upbringing juxtaposed to that lifestyle?
swimmerbabe11
I don't think you can call her a part time slam piece if he married her.. even if they can't really slam any more since he's full time in jail.

I doubt they advised him to knock her up, but they probably advised the marriage so that she could refuse to testify between the first and second trial.

(baby is 3 so it doesn't sound like it was out of wedlock)

digging tunnels
AG
IiRC, I think she was his high school gf.
sts7049
AG
David Happymountain said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

impressive because he was likely advised by defense council to impregnate his idiotic part time slam piece for juror sympathy or because he purposefully chose to perpetuate the stereotype of the incarcerated black father despite having an education and upbringing juxtaposed to that lifestyle?

you should consider therapy
W
AG
wonder what kind of advice the wife's parents have been giving her the past 7 years

and what advice they are giving her now
agz win
AG
She must freak out every night he gets up to go pee.
Tone2002
Wow… so she is married to him and plans on being loyal for the next 40 years of her life. This young lady could have went to college etc… and this is what she chose. Interesting.
Al Bula
AG
sts7049 said:

you should consider therapy
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.