Houston
Sponsored by

AJ Armstrong Murder Trial - Part 3

11,082 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Al Bula
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this kid is accused of killing his parents and has been tried twice with two hung juries. Beyond that, I'm not up-to-date on the facts of this case. Can anyone weigh in on why they are giving it a go for round 3 with this kid? Genuinely curious if anyone here knows details.

Yes, I know I'm MARVIN ZINDLER and should know these things.

https://abc13.com/aj-armstrong-houston-teen-accused-of-killing-parents-what-is-a-hung-jury-happens-when-doesnt-agree/12650471/
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Third trial? Wow. Seems brutal. Surprised the DA didn't cut this one loose after only convincing 4 jurors last time around.
Furlock Bones
AG
wow, going for a 3rd bite at the apple when the 2nd go around resulted an even worse split in the jury.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
ABC's 20/20 from this past Friday night (1/6) was about the Armstrong murder case
Buford T. Justice
AG
I was shocked that they are going to trial for a third time and have never looked at another person.
W
AG
is there another suspect?
digging tunnels
AG
Fascinating case. The 20/20 episode on Friday was really good and insightful.

Jury 1st round: guilty 8-4
Jury 2nd round: guilty 4-8

In the 2nd case, AJ's cell phone data and house alarm system were the most incriminating evidence. The jurors knew he did it, however they couldn't find him guilty without reasonable doubt

The defense wants to look more into AJ's adopted mentally ill brother, who does not live at the house, but nearby. Police have ruled him out
SjAg
AG
There is no other suspect. AJ did it. This should be open and shut. Unfortunately a lot of morons in Harris County.
Bassmaster
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Third trial? Wow. Seems brutal. Surprised the DA didn't cut this one loose after only convincing 4 jurors last time around.

Why would they cut it loose when they know the guilty party? These juries are not very smart.
neAGle96
AG
Incrementing evidence: AJ and his 12 year old sister we're the only ones on the house (beside his deceased mother and his dad who was clinging to life)and the alarm was set (and had not been disabled or set off)

AJ said he never shot his dads gun, but there was as a gun shot hole in his floor (which he later admitted he did it earlier and his dads gun).

His cell phone being turned off just prior to the alarms sensor in the stair case down from the third floor (AJs room) to his parents room just prior to shootings.

Evidence that hurt the prosecution:

AJs hand and clothes did not test positive for gun shot residue. Evidence suggest the washing machine wasn't run immediately prior to the polices arrival. No signs of recent water being run in the showers or sinks.
Dr.Rumack
What did they ever say about the 'burn' mark on the stairs? The kid is so guilty, but I can see why a jury wouldn't be 100%.
agz win
AG
Unbelievably a jury hasn't convicted. Guilty dog.

Believe DA moving to change venue as Harris County jury pool is tainted.
AgLA06
AG
Dr.Rumack said:

The kid is so guilty, but I can see why a jury wouldn't be 100%.

Let me fix it for you. "The kid appears to be guilty, but since they can't prove it to a shadow of a doubt I can see why a jury should do the right thing and not convict."

That's how it should be. It's the point of our justice system. Way too many people can't seem to grasp that. Just look at this thread.

Any frustration should be with the investigation and DA if that upsets you.
The Porkchop Express
AG
This is an Internet discussion board, man. If someone wants to say he's guilty, you don't need to goal tend the thread.
Kellso
This case is so unfortunate.

Did anyone ever figure out a motive in this case?

MAROON
AG
he was being ridden hard by his parents. He flunked out of Kinkaid so they were not happy with him. Lots of texts were published in the first trials.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Furlock Bones
AG
3rd trial starts today
Furlock Bones
AG
all of his remaining family seems to believe he is innocent.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

The third capital murder trial for Antonio "AJ" Armstrong Jr. is underway after two previous mistrials and a lengthy last-minute delay.

Armstrong is accused of killing his sleeping parents in their Bellaire-area home in southwest Houston in 2016 when he was 16 years old.

During opening statements that began around 11 a.m. Monday, we learned the reason the judge delayed Armstrong's third trial back in June.

Prosecutors said they discovered new blood spattered on the shirt AJ Armstrong was wearing. They said a blood spatter expert wanted to look at the pillows that were covering Antonio Armstrong Sr. and Dawn Armstrong at the crime scene. While the expert was in the property room, prosecutors said she noticed a sticker labeling the shirt that AJ Armstrong was wearing when he was taken in for questioning. She peeled it back and saw two stains believed to be blood. Prosecutors said a rapid DNA test showed the blood belonged to Armstrong Sr.

"They weren't looking for it. They just found it," Harris County Assistant District Attorney John Jordan told the jurors.

Defense attorney Rick Detoto argued that the dried blood under the sticker was cross-contamination from other evidence, likely a bloody pillow. He said they had the head of the lab test everything again in response to the prosecutor's claims but she found no blood on the shirt itself.

"The evidence is gonna show you that the specks on the sticker did not come from the shirt," Detoto said during opening statements.

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

Psycho Bunny
Armstrong is going to be found innocent with this 3rd trial. Time for the D.A. to cut their losses and move on.
agz win
AG
Needs to be some street justice.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
agz win said:

From whom? All of the people directly affected by this case - in real life and not just on the internet - believe he is innocent and are standing by him.
Psycho Bunny
Microwave Onions said:

agz win said:

From whom? All of the people directly affected by this case - in real life and not just on the internet - believe he is innocent and are standing by him.
People fail to understand, It's not what you know, it's what can you prove. These keyboard lawyers make me laugh.
I Am A Critic
Microwave Onions said:

agz win said:

What do you expect Dindunuffins to say?
Username checks out.
Mas89
AG
Furlock Bones said:

all of his remaining family seems to believe he is innocent.
Have to wonder if they really believe he is innocent or if they think his parents would not want him convicted of their murder. Tragic and sad case either way.
Furlock Bones
AG
I think it says more about the police and the DA. Prosecutor convinced even less jurors the 2nd time around.
Furlock Bones
AG
closing arguments today.
Furlock Bones
AG
jury deliberated for 5 hours yesterday. they returned this morning at 9:30. still no verdict. my bet. a 3rd mistrial.
Ag_07
AG
For someone who has not read anything about any of this is there a good article or somethin where I could get a decent synopsis?
themissinglink
AG
Mom and Dad shot and killed in their bed with a gun from their house. AJ called 911 to report the shooting. No signs of forced entry or issues with the alarm system. No finger prints or DNA on the gun, but evidence the gun was fired in AJ's room at some point.

Defense offers an alternative theory that it was the older half-brother, who lived close by. Brother's ex-girlfriend says on the night of the murder, he woke her up frantically saying someone was in parent's house, went to check it out, and found out parents were dead. Brother has mental health issue and it's debatable whether that was because of the murders or started before.

AJ probably did it, but there is just enough doubt about the brother that the two previous trials resulted in hung juries.
Furlock Bones
AG
also no towels or anything indicating he washed his hands.

just prior to the 3rd trial started, the prosecution supposedly discovered Armstrong Sr's DNA on the back of the nametag Armstrong jr was wearing at the police station.

AJ's lawyers have filed a lawsuit against the City as soon a the jury was sequestered. so, the filing will not affect the jury outcome. but, it sounds like regardless of outcome. this isn't over.
themissinglink
AG
Verdict reached...
. . .
Guilty
Furlock Bones
AG
wow.
tandy miller
AG
Do y'all think the new blood was planted? Seems weird they didn't bring it up in either of first 2 trials
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.