Houston
Sponsored by

Wortham Theater Concealed Carry Policy?

7,431 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lawless89 said:

Walked to Pappasitos last night for dinner at the Hilton. The park was pretty lively with a lot of people, but honestly probably 25% of the people looked like they could be a gang banger. Felt pretty out of place as a tall white man.

Just better to be aware and prepare for the worst but expect the best. Houston hasn't had the best crime report lately.
way to experience downtown!
43rd Street Posse
cajunaggie08 said:

43rd Street Posse said:

Ryan the Temp said:

The overwhelming majority of the riff raff is near the Pierce Elevated and under or east of 59. Sometimes I dine in at McD's on Gray just to flex on them.
True, but violent muggings have been on the rise in this town (and every other city run by democrats). Cars full of thugs and bangers don't usually go around sticking up poor bums at homeless camps. You definitely have to watch out for sketchy bums, but there are also robbers out there who want to target those with money and posessions.
you do know that the vast majority of cities are run by Democratic Party mayors right? Jacksonville, Fort Worth, and OKC are the largest Republican Party run cities. Is crime decreasing in these cities or are you trying to make a correlation that doesn't exist?
Democrat leaders are very criminal friendly. You should check out the City Under Siege thread. Letting hardened felons and killers back out on the streets to hurt and kill again (which is what you directly support with your blue vote) leads to increases in violent crime. It's not rocket science. Just own it and admit that increases in murder and lawlessness are just collateral damage in passing your weird liberal agenda.
“Elon's wife left him for a trans woman and he dove right into the alt right pipeline, can't make this stuff up”
-Old McDonald
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Despite politicized claims that this rise was the result of criminal justice reform in liberal-leaning jurisdictions, murders rose roughly equally in cities run by Republicans and cities run by Democrats. So-called "red" states actually saw some of the highest murder rates of all. This data makes it difficult to pin recent trends on local policy shifts and reveals the basic inaccuracy of attempts to politicize a problem as complex as crime. Instead, the evidence points to broad national causes driving rising crime.
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/myths-and-realities-understanding-recent-trends-violent-crime

But whatever. The OP just made it real clear what his real problem with Houston is.
drumboy
AG
lawless89 said:

Walked to Pappasitos last night for dinner at the Hilton. The park was pretty lively with a lot of people, but honestly probably 25% of the people looked like they could be a gang banger. Felt pretty out of place as a tall white man.

Just better to be aware and prepare for the worst but expect the best. Houston hasn't had the best crime report lately.

DiscoGreen has been pretty diverse since it opened, just like Houston.

I've never had a problem there over the years taking my kids to play.
Sea Speed
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Despite politicized claims that this rise was the result of criminal justice reform in liberal-leaning jurisdictions, murders rose roughly equally in cities run by Republicans and cities run by Democrats. So-called "red" states actually saw some of the highest murder rates of all. This data makes it difficult to pin recent trends on local policy shifts and reveals the basic inaccuracy of attempts to politicize a problem as complex as crime. Instead, the evidence points to broad national causes driving rising crime.
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/myths-and-realities-understanding-recent-trends-violent-crime

But whatever. The OP just made it real clear what his real problem with Houston is.

Bro this uses 2020 data
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Bro this uses 2020 data

But but but RED STATES!!!!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Lol. 2020 data from the Brennan Center.

Chewy
AG
This thread reminds me of a friend I used to have in New York City. He lost his life to a guy with a switchblade knife over $43.

You never can be too careful.
lawless89
Walked from the Marriott to Vic and Anthony's tonight. Only about 2 blocks and was harrassed by a black guy and a white homeless lady. Black guy kept trying to get me to stop and talk to him, homeless white lady yelled at me as I walked past her and kept yelling at me when I was a block away.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be taking my family down here anytime soon. I know that's most downtowns, but doesn't mean I have to put my family in a place like that.
StillNotAnAggie
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

GTFOOH. Red States with heavily blue cities. But whatever fits your narrative keep it up.
Feel free to walk around downtown at all hours of the night, some nice spots under 59. Maybe try the Friendly Stop right outside of 5th Ward on Lyons and 59. Plenty of people there at all hours of the day and as the sign says I bet they are friendly.
maroon barchetta
Much like the residents of Martha's Vineyard who immediately put the "awful brown people" on buses to somewhere else, this guy spouting the crime report won't walk around downtown anywhere, day or night.
TXAggie2011
AG
lawless89 said:

Walked from the Marriott to Vic and Anthony's tonight. Only about 2 blocks and was harrassed by a black guy and a white homeless lady. Black guy kept trying to get me to stop and talk to him, homeless white lady yelled at me as I walked past her and kept yelling at me when I was a block away.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be taking my family down here anytime soon. I know that's most downtowns, but doesn't mean I have to put my family in a place like that.
You posted this at 5:49pm. Did you get on TexAgs at the restaurant to let us know this? The most actual danger you faced were annoyed businessmen trying to get past the Metro busses
agz win
AG
lawless89 said:

There's a shelter/hangout a block or two away North of V&As
Waltonloads08
AG
lawless89 said:

Honest question - why are you only going to terrible chain restaurants?
lawless89
Pappas Bros night one. Wanted things that were close and that I like. Sorry you don't approve of my restaurant choice, but I had three great dinners!
schmendeler
AG
lawless89 said:

Pappas Bros night one. Wanted things that were close and that I like. Sorry you don't approve of my restaurant choice, but I had three great dinners!

How's the gout?
htxag09
AG
lawless89 said:

You walked to three dinners in downtown houston and didn't get murdered? I don't believe you
StEdsCOOG
"It's a theatre you p***y. What's there to be afraid of?"
- Lincoln's friend
ATM9000
AG
lawless89 said:

Shaken to the core by just the sight of people who 'could be' gang bangers.

But also wants to carry a handgun to the ballet because of got daydreams like Ralphie in A Christmas Story if something goes down at The Nutcracker.
captkirk
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Quote:

Red states are full of blue cites. This is a disingenuous metric
sts7049
AG
OP should change his name to Tasteless89 with that selection of restaurants
BarryProfit
Chewy said:

This thread reminds me of a friend I used to have in New York City. He lost his life to a guy with a switchblade knife over $43.

You never can be too careful.

I'd like to spit some beechnut in that dudes eye
Mas89
AG
sts7049 said:

So who do you think has better steaks and king crab legs than Vic and Anthony's in Houston?

OP if you can't CC the pistol, a Benchmade bugout knife only weighs 1.8 ounces and hasn't set off a metal detector in my experience. Better than just having a key fob in your pocket if needed in an emergency.
TXAG 05
AG
sts7049 said:

We don't like Pappas Bros Steakhouse now?
Panama Red
AG
Pappasitos and Vic & Anthony are now bad restaurants?

The chefs there don't use enough oil from sustainable emu testicles and locally grown St. Augustine grassroot for some I guess.
BG Knocc Out
Solid cleanup by staff.
cajunaggie08
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Solid cleanup by staff.
look at teacher's pet over here
BohunkAg
AG
lawless89 said:

Holy sh-t.....so your life was in danger?
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

So who do you think has better steaks and king crab legs than Vic and Anthony's in Houston?
Clearly you haven't frequented my backyard.
sts7049
AG
king crab is #1 on the list of overrated trash seafood
Panama Red
AG
sts7049 said:

sts7049's favorite seafood dish involves Tilapia. I'd bet all my Tillmanbucks on that.
StillNotAnAggie
Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

Clearly you haven't frequented my backyard.

Surprised it took that long.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Panama Red said:

The chefs there don't use enough oil from sustainable emu testicles and locally grown St. Augustine grassroot for some I guess.
cajun and sts are here to represent r/houston, where transplants hold it down in HTown by boycotting chain corporate restaurants (unless said corporation gives unique quirky names to each location in their chain).

Oh, and, uh....ORIGINAL NINFAS ON NAVIGATION!!!
sts7049
AG
Panama Red said:

sts7049 said:

sts7049's favorite seafood dish involves Tilapia. I'd bet all my Tillmanbucks on that.

you can catch me at Pappadeaux, eatin' steak and shrimp
sts7049
AG
Harry Lime said:

Panama Red said:

cajun and sts are here to represent r/houston, where transplants hold it down in HTown by boycotting chain corporate restaurants (unless said corporation gives unique quirky names to each location in their chain).

Oh, and, uh....ORIGINAL NINFAS ON NAVIGATION!!!
show me on the doll where chris shepherd touched you
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.