Houston
Sponsored by

Boil water notice

16,257 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did anyone get an alert about the actual order?
Caliber
AG
bigjag19 said:

Did anyone get an alert about the actual order?
No, the order was a loss for them. Rescinding it makes them the Saviour. Shout the good news, whisper the bad.
bigjag19
AG
Seems right.

I first heard of the order when I got a text from kids school saying biz as usual.
94chem
92Ag95 said:

Really City of Houston??!? Do you really need to send out multiple emergency fn' alerts to cell phones that the boil notice has been lifted?
Why haven't I gotten this in Vietnamese yet? I demand a su dieu tra.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Ciboag96
Bonuses for all glorious leadership positions, comrades!
BQ_90
AG
Seabreeze said:

Explains everything

He's got contamination standing right next to him
ptothemo
AG
Me. Coffee. Keyboard. Damn you for it but well played.
WorthAg95
AG
2 more alerts. Now I remember why I disabled that setting
maroon barchetta
Ag_07 said:

Lazy ass people running to the store to hoard bottled water rather than just boil a pot or two as you need it.

Don't forget to let it cool off before drinking!!!
Al Bula
AG
Everytime you rub one out in District 18, she watchin

texag84
AG
Third world Houston. Get out and leave it to the ****heads
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
BudFox7
What would happen if testing revealed water contamination? Do they have to purge the entire system?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
texag84 said:

but don't come to where I am at. We are full.
htxag09
AG
texag84 said:

Quite dramatic......

Every city has brief outages like this. Also, I would wager a lot of money that the "contaminated" water we had the last few days was thousands of times safer than any third world country.
Kenneth_2003
AG
BudFox7 said:

What would happen if testing revealed water contamination? Do they have to purge the entire system?

Ibelieve the area where the contamination was discovered would be flushed, and retested. Likely keeping the entire system under a boil advisory.
schmellba99
AG
BudFox7 said:

You would isolate that area as much as you can, the cook it with high chlorine for 24 hours and flush after, then retest. Standard bac-t procedure.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
texag84 said:

Did exactly that.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Funky Winkerbean
AG
htxag09 said:

texag84 said:

Quite dramatic......

Every city has brief outages like this. Also, I would wager a lot of money that the "contaminated" water we had the last few days was thousands of times safer than any third world country.
That's comforting.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Guitarsoup
AG
The worst part is getting those damn notices at random hours.

You may have annexed us against our will and refuse to do any flood mitigation, but dammit we have our own water source on the Upper East Side.
Redstone
AG
It's been disheartening to read some of the social media comments.

This "issue" wasn't as bad as some were speculating about, and other cities have worse water problems. I wonder if there's some hangover anger from Judge Hidalgo's re-election, which also saw a lot of ugly anger directed at city leadership.

I think they're trying their best, and we really shouldn't bring "comments" about Diversity - especially after the progress in recent years - distract us from the main issue, which is ensuring public safety and timely communication.
Bondag
AG
Guitarsoup said:

The worst part is getting those damn notices at random hours.

You may have annexed us against our will and refuse to do any flood mitigation, but dammit we have our own water source on the Upper East Side.

Is it Lake Conroe?
94chem
Redstone said:

It's been disheartening to read some of the social media comments.

This "issue" wasn't as bad as some were speculating about, and other cities have worse water problems. I wonder if there's some hangover anger from Judge Hidalgo's re-election, which also saw a lot of ugly anger directed at city leadership.

I think they're trying their best, and we really shouldn't bring "comments" about Diversity - especially after the progress in recent years - distract us from the main issue, which is ensuring public safety and timely communication.

Go troll the COVID forum.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.