Houston
Sponsored by

Boil water notice

16,311 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Well earlier word was 3 am. Keeps getting pushed back

I have a family member who works for a service provider for a handful of local MUDs. Word is that the backup generators didn't kick on immediately and 14/16 pressure points were below 20 psi for 2 mins. The other 2 were below 20 for 30 mins.

His input is that's not the whole story and there had to have been some kind of catastrophic failure because power would've had to be down for a long time for the pressure to drop from 65 to 20 psi and then be below 20 for a 30 mins.
At my house it was visibly noticeable for 4+ hours.
terradactylexpress
Yeah ole ****ing sly is real confident being quoted that it will be over night until he has to commit to a school district
Ag_07
AG
He was just saying those pressure points were below the 20 psi threshold for anywhere between 2 and 30 mins.

I'm assuming noticeable low pressure we were seeing is somewhere between the 20 psi threshold and full operating 65 psi.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Does the ban have to be lifted before the test can be taken, or is the lifting of the ban the result of a test?
Bondag
AG
It may have been above 20psi but was no more than 25-30. It was noticeably lower than 65 for hours.
cone
AG
we back up in Bellaire
AlaskanAg99
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

Does the ban have to be lifted before the test can be taken, or is the lifting of the ban the result of a test?
Can't lift BWN until the test clear.
Bondag
AG
Next door says this is why they have been sick for a week.

CowtownAg06
AG
Sly is saying that it was two busted transformers at the site. So power supply wasn't the issue.

Test has to come back negative for notice to be lifted. Still should happen at 3 am. However, if there are issues could be pushed.

Sounds like there was at least 4 hours of taking with TEQC nad another 5 hours to get a plan approved. I'm still rolling with this is a regulatory overreaction. And COH is incompetent.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Ciboag96 said:

City leadership is proof that employment quotas don't work

Can't be said enough
Ryan the Temp
AG
Frederick Palowaski said:

Ciboag96 said:

City leadership is proof that employment quotas don't work

Can't be said enough
COH doesn't have employment quotas. The HR dept is too dysfunctional and toxic to be that organized.
94chem
Seabreeze said:

Explains everything

Who's the smug-looking blue hair with the perma-frown?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Bondag said:

How can you freaking vomit for 5 days?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

How can you freaking vomit for 5 days?
Royal Caribbean on line 1 ...
bcosf
So does anyone think we will be getting a credit on our next water bill?
David_Puddy
AG
Truvada said:

Irish an lol fat?

He aint fat, but he's like 6'6"
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Bondag said:

I need to recover my Nextdoor password; I miss **** like this. "I've had painful urination ever since I got back from Reynosa, and now I know why."

*I mean, I'm sure the guy tongue kissing his parrot is perfectly normal and hygienic when the gov't isn't poisoning him.
swimmerbabe11
okay this is a super super dumb question and not important in the scheme of things but I don't care. I have a betta fish in a tank with no filter and usually I clean the bowl and put fresh water in with the stress coat and the aquarium drops..and I'm a day or two past my weekly cleaning and it needs it pretty bad. I should probably wait until the boil notice is over right?

Ag_07
AG
You're right...Dumb question

Just boil the damn water for 2 mins if you're that concerned about it.

Given the question I think it should be said that if you do be sure to let it cool before putting you fish in it.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Those drops are to remove chorine. But chorine will vape off at room temp. Choromine is much more table.

Essentially, any time you deal with fish tanks, get a bucket and pre-treat before changing water. A big part is water temp, need to bring it to room temp before mixing, and also treat for chlorine prior.

I'd only do 50% for freshwater, and less % for salt water.

This is from reeftank and homebrewing background.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
*aggh, you already got that comment in, dammnit.
swimmerbabe11
that pretty much answered my question. I wasn't sure if boiling would do anything for the fish/if the things that are wrong with the water in this situation are something that would concern a lil betta
AlaskanAg99
AG
Pretreat your water before drain/fill....normalize temps...you'll be good.
tk for tu juan
The fish might enjoy the extra "nutrients" in the water
AlaskanAg99
AG
I don't think Beta fish have the same immunity to human waste as talipia. A garbage bottom feeder farm fish that humans eat.

Never eat talipia. It's absolute garbage. Also, don't eat beta fish.
Baron von Bulsh
Irish 2.0 said:

Any update?

Can I brush my teeth and wash my ass yet? These are the important things I need to know!!
Serotonin
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Sly is saying that it was two busted transformers at the site. So power supply wasn't the issue.

Test has to come back negative for notice to be lifted. Still should happen at 3 am. However, if there are issues could be pushed.

Sounds like there was at least 4 hours of taking with TEQC nad another 5 hours to get a plan approved. I'm still rolling with this is a regulatory overreaction. And COH is incompetent.

Was there a 3AM update?
jetch17
AG
Just cheeeeel - there be a stank water update whenever man. It's like a house … stuff breaks!
CowtownAg06
AG
Just lifted

Houston Lee
AG
What a Charlie Foxtrot.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Thanks for that screaming safety alert on my phone!
Twice!

I can finally moisten these parched lips.
jetch17
AG
Now they blast an alert

COVID LEVELS HIGH - CODE RED
92Ag95
AG
Really City of Houston??!? Do you really need to send out multiple emergency fn' alerts to cell phones that the boil notice has been lifted?
jetch17
AG
Waaaaake up!

BMX Bandit
Zero waters boiled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.