Houston
Sponsored by

Boil water notice

16,236 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Da fq??

jh0400
AG
Apparently they waited nine hours to issue.

wessimo
AG
Crap, I drank water today. Nice knowing y'all.
Jack Klompus
AG
Hope they get this ish figured out before everyone shows up for school and work after a long holiday weekend.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Public Works needs new leadership.
Caliber
AG
9 freaking hours, lol.

You knew that plant went down... It's a pretty safe bet that the pressure drop being recorded was real. I can pretty much guarantee it wasn't just one sensor reading that way.
CowtownAg06
AG
Watch the video. It's pretty clear this is NBD and probably shouldn't have happened. Why they can't give a time to lift is crazy. Would make all the Karen's stop thinking about canceling work and school tomorrow.
Ciboag96
City leadership is proof that employment quotas don't work
AlaskanAg99
AG
Witha system shutdown this big. They do not know where possible water ingress into the system may have occurred. So they will have to take bacterilogical samples and culture them system wide. That will take time due to scope.

Wife works in the Galleria, they've already been told to WFH until Wednesday.

I work downtown, haven't heard a peep, and I texted my boss 30 mins ago. Gonna be so pissed if I show up and we're told to turn around.
atmtws
AG
I wonder which city employee just started an water testing company?
Jackal99
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Watch the video. It's pretty clear this is NBD and probably shouldn't have happened. Why they can't give a time to lift is crazy. Would make all the Karen's stop thinking about canceling work and school tomorrow.

Too late. HISD just sent out notice. No school.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Ciboag96 said:

City leadership is proof that employment quotas don't work
The Public Works director is too concerned about sending employees to day-long mandatory kumbaya sessions where they get told how much leadership respects them and trusts them, how transparent they are, and how much integrity they have.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Ugh.
maroon barchetta
If only someone would invent backup power generation to keep purification plants going in a power outage. That would be smart.

Oh well. They planted the **** out of some trees and bought back some guns to make the city safer!!!
TX04Aggie
AG
Just saw this after a relative texted me. And I had noticed most of day low water pressure and thought, well this is odd. But kept on drinking from the tap, so nice knowing yall.
Texasclipper
AG
More third world experiences for us. Wonder how long before we can no longer flush toilet paper?
Ryan the Temp
AG
maroon barchetta said:

If only someone would invent backup power generation to keep purification plants going in a power outage. That would be smart.

Oh well. They planted the **** out of some trees and bought back some guns to make the city safer!!!
There was a large exodus recently of senior officials, including the head of drinking water operations and the chief operating officer. It's almost as if people don't want to work for a department that is poorly run.
wessimo
AG
Oof. Makes me want to drink bottled water all the time.
tk for tu juan
Need some elevated storage tanks to maintain pressure throughout the whole system during power outages. What happened to the emergency generators installed at the plants? Why did they not switch on during the outage?
Ryan the Temp
AG
oh, and the comms director, government affairs director, director of utility customer service, and the executive director of Transtar.
wessimo
AG
Bellaire also. "Abundance of caution" is a phrase that needs to die.

Ryan the Temp
AG
wessimo said:

Fun fact: In the central Public Works building downtown, employees cannot drink the water unless it is filtered.
evestor1
Ryan the Temp said:

maroon barchetta said:

There was a large exodus recently of senior officials, including the head of drinking water operations and the chief operating officer. It's almost as if people don't want to work for a department that is poorly run.

I hope they replaced all senior officials w 23 female people of color. Diversity is our strength!
Jackal99
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

wessimo said:

Fun fact: In the central Public Works building downtown, employees cannot drink the water unless it is filtered.

So…
CowtownAg06
AG
SBISD canceled.
BG Knocc Out
wessimo said:

Bellaire also. "Abundance of caution" is a phrase that needs to die.

Crazy that they know some of the public is so dumb that they have to explicitly instruct people not to drink or bathe in boiling water.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

I hope they replaced all senior officials w 23 female people of color. Diversity is our strength!
Until the director of utility customer service left, three of the four major service lines were led by women of color.
BQ04
AG
A city has 3 jobs:

1) roads
2) water / sewer / drainage
3) police / fire

Perfect those three THEN move to your social impact / save the world agenda.
jetch17
AG
As long as that sh*t doesn't hit CFISD - get these fools back to school!
BG Knocc Out
Forgive my ignorance, but is instructing people to not bathe a little over the top? Considering we swim in lakes and rivers with all types of crazy bacteria and runoff that are far from safe to drink?

Next question, does vodka make ice from the fridge safe to consume?
cone
AG
nice lil **** up Sly
BG Knocc Out
jetch17 said:

As long as that sh*t doesn't hit CFISD - get these fools back to school!

This. Was really looking fwd to school tomorrow.
Waltonloads08
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

maroon barchetta said:

Is Haddock incompetent? Shes been in charge for 5 years. What changed or didn't? Honest questions, I don't know anything here. Sub-managers leaving means they could suck too, ive seen it before. I don't trust anyone until I hear facts. Mid level types always *****.
BowSowy
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Forgive my ignorance, but is instructing people to not bathe a little over the top? Considering we swim in lakes and rivers with all types of crazy bacteria and runoff that are far from safe to drink?

Next question, does vodka make ice from the fridge safe to consume?
It's probably over the top, but I'm sure the thinking is that swimming in lakes, rivers, etc has the user accepting the risk whereas bathing in your home - where the water is supposed to be safe - does not have the user accepting the risk.
cone
AG

so stupid

our water supply is supposed to be independent of CoH

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.