Houston
Sponsored by

Daddy's Chicken Shack

5,738 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I love some Popeyes, but that location has to be the worst one I've ever seen. Two Sundays ago I ordered via the app to pick up. Took almost any hour total and about 35 min over what the app said. There were about 4 of us in the building all waiting at least 20 min. The Uber Eats guy said he hates picking up from there because they are always late.
They prioritize the drive-thru. Sometimes they even shut the lobby down around 8:00 or whenever they feel like it. Last time I went to Daddy's was because the Popeye's lobby was closed.
CowtownAg06
AG
Yes but I had preordered on the App.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Oh, I definitely got that. I'm still saying they don't prioritize it if it isn't the drive-thru.
Chewy
AG
That Popeyes don't give a sheet about your fancy ass app technology. You want fried yardbird you need to pull up and order it the old fashioned way.

I have pretty good luck going inside and ordering at the counter. If there's going to be a long delay they'll tell you and you can decide to wait or go somewhere else.

I go in expecting to leave for something else and then get pleasantly surprised when I walk out with delicious fried yardbird in less than 5 minutes.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
How can you tell what Popeye's prioritizes? I'd love to see a documentary about their process.

1. Take order and payment
2. Ask driver to pull aside
3. Make them wait 30-45 minutes after they've paid
4. Short the order
5. Somehow stay open

Probably been 6 or 7 years since the Ella location convinced me not to bother with them again.
Sea Speed
AG
There are several things surprising to me about this thread.

1. People have a prioritized list of chicken restaurants they frequent.
2. Presumably middle to upper middle class city folks go to Popeyes enough to actually figure out the issues with their operations and devise a scheme to ensure quick access to their chicken.
3. There was a third thing but I cant remember what it is now and I'm tired after working all night last 2 nights.

Also, i don't think I could frequent an establishment called daddys.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

How can you tell what Popeye's prioritizes?
I typically go into the lobby when I get food there. It becomes apparent when you see them operate.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

Also, i don't think I could frequent an establishment called daddys.
Would you prefer "Fowl Digits?"
Sea Speed
AG
No, that's probably the worst name I've ever seen for a restaurant. I went to raising canes for the first time a few weeks back with one of my kids and learned it was named after a dog. Another strange move.
MAS444
AG
No…Balls Out or whatever it was called on Shepherd where Mico is now was the worst ever name for a restaurant. So dumb.
CowtownAg06
AG
Agreed that it's not a popeyes issue but that location specific.
TXAG 05
AG
MAS444 said:

No…Balls Out or whatever it was called on Shepherd where Mico is now was the worst ever name for a restaurant. So dumb.

Yep. Balls Out Burger before it became Micos. It wasn't that good and the name was terrible.
drumboy
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Agreed that it's not a popeyes issue but that location specific.
That is one of the biggest franchisees w/ like 300 stores and known for being very cheap. He had to hire some better folks cause the customer surveys were horrible.

Still tastes good.
TX04Aggie
AG
I always assume those places, heck even Daddy's are just money laundering fronts. Ridiculous name, never busy…. Etc
Chewy
AG
Money laundering fronts don't waste money on fancy buildouts, signs, and "clever" names that eventually shut down. They buy established businesses nobody really knew were there and start letting the money flow.
TX04Aggie
AG
Definitely plenty of that in this town for sure. Haha
inconvenient truth
Patiently waiting for the resident fast food aficionado to comment on his experience. Maybe he's waiting until he's able to speak with the manager/owner before he chimes in.
TXAG 05
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Definitely plenty of that in this town for sure. Haha

Ive always wondered about this "pet clinic" at 43rd and 290. It's empty during the day but If you drive by late at night it is jammed up. How many late night pet emergencies could there really be?

Hit the Ella Popeyes for lunch today and they had their A team in. In and out in a couple mins. Lots of times they are confused when you go in there and want fried chicken.
Jock 07
AG
There used to be an aquarium/ fish store on Jones that never seemed to have any business but some how stayed in business for years. Always assumed it was some cartel drug runner/money laundering front.
12thAngryMan
AG
There's a 24 hour outdoor flower shop on Durham and 27th that gives me major money laundering vibes. Like who is buying flowers at 3am?
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

Ive always wondered about this "pet clinic" at 43rd and 290. It's empty during the day but If you drive by late at night it is jammed up. How many late night pet emergencies could there really be?
Pet Care Express? That place is always busy, but they cut off intake in the afternoons when they reach capacity. It's my girls' primary care clinic. They close at 5:00, so maybe another business is using their lot.
TXAG 05
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

Pet Care Express? That place is always busy, but they cut off intake in the afternoons when they reach capacity. It's my girls' primary care clinic. They close at 5:00, so maybe another business is using their lot.

There is no other business there. McDonalds across the street and a Shell station next door. Lights are on and cars are parked in the streets to get in there.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Was that Dave's fish and pet next to Randall's? I think thst was the name of it. My brother and I would go and look at the fish all the time but rarely bought anything from them.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Maybe that's where the vet from Better Call Saul relocated when he left Albuquerque.
Jock 07
AG
Want to say it was between west & fallbrook iirc
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yes! I think it was called Dave's. It was next to a frozen yogurt place as well. I had not thought of that place until reading this thread. God I can still smell that store
Ryan the Temp
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

There is no other business there. McDonalds across the street and a Shell station next door. Lights are on and cars are parked in the streets to get in there.
Weird, but I can vouch that it's a legit vet that is very busy, at least during the day.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.