Houston
Sponsored by

At-Home Pet Euthanasia Recommendations for Cypress?

3,453 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by AlaskanAg99
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The world's best beagle is at the end of his days. I wanted to see if anyone had a rec for in-home pet euthanasia services in the Cypress/NW Houston area. We had to put our Golden down a few years ago at the vet and it was a miserable experience. TIA
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Irish 2.0
Sorry to hear about your pup. Believe many posters here and on the OB have used Lap Of Love

https://www.lapoflove.com/find-a-vet/Texas/Houston/about
The Porkchop Express
Irish 2.0 said:

Sorry to hear about your pup. Believe many posters here and on the OB have used Lap Of Love

https://www.lapoflove.com/find-a-vet/Texas/Houston/about
Thank you. I actually contacted them yesterday and they said they didn't have a vet in the area. Most of the other choices seem to be just national chains, but I will keep looking.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
stevopike
AG
we had to do it around thanksgiving last year and are in cypress also.

https://pethospice.bluepearlvet.com/houston-texas-contact/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=dts&utm_campaign=houstonpartial

The Porkchop Express
stevopike said:

we had to do it around thanksgiving last year and are in cypress also.

https://pethospice.bluepearlvet.com/houston-texas-contact/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=dts&utm_campaign=houstonpartial

Thanks so much stevo
Andyzipp
AG
We had to put down our 15-year old terrier in July, and were very pleased with BluePearl Pet Hospice's at home service.

www.pethospice.bluepearlvet.com
Ciboag96
Andyzipp said:

We had to put down our 15-year old terrier in July, and were very pleased with BluePearl Pet Hospice's at home service.

www.pethospice.bluepearlvet.com

I second this recommendation. Had to put down a pup last year. They were wonderful.
Chewy
AG
Very sorry to hear.

Used Bluepearl twice last year. Having to do it sucked horribly but Bluepearl made it as good as possible. Both dogs went in total peace.

Can't say enough good things about Bluepearl. It made the decision to do it that much easier to see them go in total peace in our home.
The Porkchop Express
Thanks so much. I've posted about Regal Beagle many times here. He turned 16 a couple of months ago. I really don't want to call that # but he's really struggling. Appreciate you all very very much.
The Porkchop Express
Thanks again for the recommendations. We are using Blue Pearl this week. You guys' recommendations made it a lot easier to go through with the call.
maroon barchetta
Sorry you have to go through this. We will be in that situation again in the not too distant future.
trueaggie2782
AG
We had to do this last week with our 15 year old dachshund. It was a really difficult decision. The hardest part is not being selfish in wanting them to stay if it's detrimental to their quality of life. I hope your heart is healed quickly.
The Porkchop Express
trueaggie2782 said:

We had to do this last week with our 15 year old dachshund. It was a really difficult decision. The hardest part is not being selfish in wanting them to stay if it's detrimental to their quality of life. I hope your heart is healed quickly.

Those are almost literally the words we have been using with our kids. Thanks.
cgh1999
AG
We used https://www.savinggracemobilevet.com/ in our dogs latter years. Arthritis and anxiety made vet visits extremely stressful on Mya and us. Dr. Grace was amazing and helped our girl have a meaningful extra year or so and helped her die with dignity. I can't recommend her enough.
redag06
Mobile vet -https://chasingtailsvet.com/
The Wonderer
AG
I used Blue Pearl when I had to put down my Mini Schnauzer and my ex's Boston Terrier. Extremely sweet and caring vet and tech.

https://pethospice.bluepearlvet.com/houston-texas-contact/
The Porkchop Express
Thanks to all who recommended blue pearl. They came out Tuesday night and were every bit !s compassionate and loving as was advertised on this thread. Regal crossed the rainbow Bridge in his sleep surrounded by his family
Bregxit
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Thanks to all who recommended blue pearl. They came out Tuesday night and were every bit !s compassionate and loving as was advertised on this thread. Regal crossed the rainbow Bridge in his sleep surrounded by his family
Seconding Porkchop's comment. We had Blue Pearl come out today based on this thread's rec. My old man Devon crossed the bridge a little while ago. He would have been 16 next month. He went peacefully and the BP ladies were so sweet. He's probably already playing with his sister.

Thanks all.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I'm in this situation as well, I hate to be cheap at the end of his days but I m seeing like $630 for a home call out, 45 min appointment to euthanize and then body disposal. Is this the going rate or am I crazy?
AlaskanAg99
AG
You're crazy.

We're looking I to this too, my 16.5yr German Shepard is a short time away. A home call and dealing with disposal this seems pretty reasonable. I don't want her terrified in her last moments at her most hated place in the world.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.