Houston
Sponsored by

Patriotic Concerts and Fireworks - Conroe and Stafford

3,964 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aTm2004
KDubAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Welcome back
aTm2004
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

Drive by, or are you back? Good to see you are still alive!
We'll see. I'm in a much different place than I was five or six years ago when I bailed from TA. I guess it depends on how interesting things are here these days.

Yeah, you're going to be bored with this place in like 6 minutes. You're stronger than me in being able to quit this drug.
maroon barchetta
aTm2004 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Milwaukees Best Light said:

Drive by, or are you back? Good to see you are still alive!
We'll see. I'm in a much different place than I was five or six years ago when I bailed from TA. I guess it depends on how interesting things are here these days.

Yeah, you're going to be bored with this place in like 6 minutes. You're stronger than me in being able to quit this drug.

He might like discussions on the best burger shack or donut place or brake service shop.

He also may hate crooked and inept politicians.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I gave up on politics, and I'm much happier for it.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Hey.....an RtT sighting. Welcome back!!! Hope you stick around. Always enjoyed your posts.
Hemingway
AG
Glad to see you back! You made this site a better place. Best of luck in your new gig.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Thanks, and if you know anyone looking to hire a trombonist for a gig, send them my way.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Clint Black wasn't available?
I think it's more of a Kevin Black kind of town.
aTm2004
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

I wish more would do this. The world would be a much better place.
Ryan the Temp
AG
These days, the biggest debates I engage in on messages boards are about practice techniques and whether or not used instruments are worth considering.
bigjag19
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

These days, the biggest debates I engage in on messages boards are about practice techniques and whether or not used instruments are worth considering.

What's wrong with a used instrument? All 3 of mine are.

How's your professor?
aTm2004
AG
That's awesome. Welcome back, I know many have missed you.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Quote:

How's your professor?
Nothing is wrong with a used instrument - I'm on the pro-side of that debate. Lacquer wear is the best way to get a good deal on a horn that doesn't affect how it plays. Of the 9 horns I've owned in my life, only three of them were new. I'm on the hunt for a small bore pro horn for principal work that doesn't need an alto and I'm looking at vintage Kings and Conns. My Beuscher is too small and at 97 years old, the slide requires constant maintenance to stay above a 5/10.

My professor is great. He's really good at pushing me and wants me to teach at HCC if I can nail down a good masters program. I'm studying with a local pro over the summer who regularly plays with the Houston Symphnoy and HGO.
bigjag19
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

How's your professor?
Nothing is wrong with a used instrument - I'm on the pro-side of that debate. Lacquer wear is the best way to get a good deal on a horn that doesn't affect how it plays. Of the 9 horns I've owned in my life, only three of them were new. I'm on the hunt for a small bore pro horn for principal work that doesn't need an alto and I'm looking at vintage Kings and Conns. My Beuscher is too small and at 97 years old, the slide requires constant maintenance to stay above a 5/10.

My professor is great. He's really good at pushing me and wants me to teach at HCC if I can nail down a good masters program. I'm studying with a local pro over the summer who regularly plays with the Houston Symphnoy and HGO.

Nice. I have a vintage 42B
maroon barchetta
97 years old!!
Ryan the Temp
AG
Tonight's concert at the Stafford Centre will be livestreamed for those of you who may be interested.

https://www.staffordtx.gov/350/Whats-On-Stafford-Television
bularry
aggies1960 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Quote:

That's nice. What about for people that live in the Houston area?
I'll let you know when I win a spot with the Houston Symphony.

But in all seriousness, I'm only aware of the usual Freedom over Texas.
Freedom over Texas going backwards in time with the not relevant or in demand yawnfest pairing of Clay Walker and Sawyer Brown.
yeah, pretty awful.

the fireworks were pretty awesome, though
Diggity
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I wish more would do this. The world would be a much better place.
Texaggie7nine
If you have ~20 years of posting those metrics don't really reflect your recent history.

This is mine and I haven't posted on the Gen but like twice in the past 5 years.
7nine
Diggity
AG
fair point. I haven't posted in General for probably 15 years and it's still 10%+
aTm2004
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

If you have ~20 years of posting those metrics don't really reflect your recent history.

This is mine and I haven't posted on the Gen but like twice in the past 5 years.
Same. I've been on this site for over 20 years, and I was GB only at the beginning, but then it got stupid. I'm shocked it's that much on the FB board.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.