Houston
Sponsored by

11th Street Bike Lanes Update

37,815 Views | 463 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by drumboy
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rode up/down Heights Blvd on Sunday as part of my ride. The construction people fixing "the fix" blocked off the bike lane in both directions at 11th.
Furlock Bones
AG
CDUB98 said:

Rode up/down Heights Blvd on Sunday as part of my ride. The construction people fixing "the fix" blocked off the bike lane in both directions at 11th.
i almost mentioned that the big brains still had the area blocked off.
TarponChaser
Predictably the ****s at the Comical are lamenting the removal of these "islands"- https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/houston-heights-11th-street-redesign-18366497.php?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR3aaj1g5NFCEIpVVDXpEd5L5GBP1-lAI7_FnXT3MxptLS2h8cmhph0aoC0
htxag09
AG
Kind of torn on this. They were dumb and glad they're gone. But the chron isn't necessarily wrong. They were pretty easy to navigate if you are even a half decent driver and are paying attention….sadly, houston drivers are not half decent.

Either way, the whole boondoggle was absolutely a waste of money.
CDUB98
AG
TarponChaser said:

Predictably the ****s at the Comical are lamenting the removal of these "islands"- https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/transportation/article/houston-heights-11th-street-redesign-18366497.php?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR3aaj1g5NFCEIpVVDXpEd5L5GBP1-lAI7_FnXT3MxptLS2h8cmhph0aoC0

What a ****stick, soy boy writer.

Of course, he blames large SUV drivers for their removal, with zero evidence, and at some point calls them only sidewalk high, a flat out lie, or complete ignorance.

Just stupid. Regardless of the bike lane, putting a giant, concrete block where traffic once drove was a dumbass idea, and idiot Houston drivers were always guaranteed to nail it.
TarponChaser
The guy is a "recovering sportswriter" which means he was probably covering soccer and whining about how football is too violent.
Marsh
AG
CDUB98 said:

TarponChaser said:

putting a giant, concrete block where traffic once drove was a dumbass idea.

I don't care how much yellow tape/paint they put on it, you literally couldn't see that thing at night, either.
Bondag
AG
Some people aren't happy about the unnecessary road work in front of their church during Advent.

The way they have the markings and barrels set up where there are 2 lanes but one is turn only and the other isn't but no arrows showing that is infinitely more dangerous than a crackhead walking to the George Floyd Bail Bonds without a median.
drumboy
AG
The I LOVE 11TH festivals on Saturday looked like fun.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.