Houston
Sponsored by

District G Election

1,753 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Marvin_Zindler
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heads up....if you have not already, please make sure to vote in the race to replace Greg Travis in District G. There are some less-than-desirable candidates running that have no business being anywhere near the levers of power in what is already a dumpster fire of city government.

Your options range from great all the way down to a white lib community organizer mom from River Oaks.

Vote wisely.
FarmerJohn
AG
My favorite part of this campaign is when Roy Reyes doxed his opposition in a campaign flier. Probably because he is the only candidate that didn't use their office/place of business/ or rent a P.O. Box so it never occurred to him what he was doing.
IDaggie06
AG
Marvin_Zindler said:

Heads up....if you have not already, please make sure to vote in the race to replace Greg Travis in District G. There are some less-than-desirable candidates running that have no business being anywhere near the levers of power in what is already a dumpster fire of city government.

Your options range from great all the way down to a white lib community organizer mom from River Oaks.

Vote wisely.

Can you just cut to the chase and tell me who is the conservative that has the best chance?
KDubAg
AG
I'm rooting for the retired firefighter
FarmerJohn
AG
Mary Nan Huffman appears to be the best option. Has a website, has endorsements in that website other than her friends, isn't trying to pretend that some role in St. John's PTA qualifiers her for elected office, didn't mail out the home addresses of her opposition and her own townhouse.
FratboyLegend
IDaggie06 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Vote wisely.

Can you just cut to the chase and tell me who is the conservative that has the best chance?
Mary Nan Huffman. Vote ASAP
#CertifiedSIP
Marvin_Zindler
AG
IDaggie06 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Vote wisely.

Many Nan Huffman.
KDubAg
AG
Huffman claims she supports first responders but that's not entirely accurate. She is part of the lawsuit against Houston Fire Fighters to block pay raises (Prop B) while HPD continues to receive them. Because of that lawsuit, Houston has financed 100s of firefighters and lost them to neighboring cities. Can't say you support first responders when you're part of the reason for losing first responders.
AgLA06
AG
Don't start that crap again.
KDubAg
AG
AgLA06 said:

Don't start that crap again.

Just pointing out a little misinformation.
IDaggie06
AG
I don't really care about that firefighter pay drama. I'm sure it's important to many but it's just not important to me.
BarryProfit
IDaggie06 said:

I don't really care about that firefighter pay drama. I'm sure it's important to many but it's just not important to me.

I used to care about firefighter before KDub.
KDubAg
AG
BarryProfit said:

IDaggie06 said:

I used to care about firefighter before KDub.
I used to care too.
Bibendum 86
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Mary Nan Huffman appears to be the best option. Has a website, has endorsements in that website other than her friends, isn't trying to pretend that some role in St. John's PTA qualifiers her for elected office, didn't mail out the home addresses of her opposition and her own townhouse.
I didn't realize who said St. John's PTA mom was until this morning and saw the election results by name. I've worked with her husband twice and consider him a friend, although I haven't talked with him for a bit. Spent lots of time with Piper in family situations in a previous life. Suffice to say that she's rather odd for even a Rice girl with a weird graduate degrees. Her husband is one of the brightest people I've ever met and worships the ground she waddles over. Funding a vanity election to occupy her time as an empty nester is money well spent when you are in his income bracket.
agnatgas
AG
With all voting centers reporting Tuesday night, Huffman finished with 54 percent of the vote, enough to clear the threshold to win without a runoff.

Community organizer and volunteer Piper Madland came in second with 30 percent, followed by attorney Duke Millard with 12 percent, retired Houston Fire Department assistant chief Roy Reyes, Jr. with 4 percent, and Houshang "Hank" Taghizadeh with 0 percent.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Bibendum 86 said:

FarmerJohn said:

I didn't realize who said St. John's PTA mom was until this morning and saw the election results by name. I've worked with her husband twice and consider him a friend, although I haven't talked with him for a bit. Spent lots of time with Piper in family situations in a previous life. Suffice to say that she's rather odd for even a Rice girl with a weird graduate degrees. Her husband is one of the brightest people I've ever met and worships the ground she waddles over. Funding a vanity election to occupy her time as an empty nester is money well spent when you are in his income bracket.

The dude's LinkedIn profile pegs him to be quite the energy trader. But I couldn't imagine being married to someone who looks like Anise Porker's long-lost twin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.