Houston
Sponsored by

Miami learning the hard way what Houston already know - Fart Acevedo

7,224 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Chewy
IDaggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Quote:

AUSTIN (KXAN) Former police chief Art Acevedo is returning to Austin to work for the City in a new role overseeing and advising the police department, multiple sources confirmed to KXAN Friday.

The City said it plans to hire Acevedo for the role of interim city manager over APD.

Link: To Full Story

Time for Austin to learn what Houston and Miami already learned the hard way.

I think his shenanigans in Houston and Miami are why a city like Austin wants him back.
Furlock Bones
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Umm they should know. He was the chief there before he went to Houston.
unreal that they are bringing him back in any capacity. hated by his officers and the public.
AustinCountyAg
not to mention they are having huge staffing problems in Austin. This seems like a great way to run off even more officers. No surprise though considering how stupid the L's are.
Booma94
AG
Maybe he's serving as a "Ask Art what he would do, then do the opposite" type of advisory role...
MAS444
AG
Am I the only one that cringes when I read this thread title? Only Turd Ferguson could make it funny.
Diggity
AG
Nevermind

Chewy
AG
Since he's still moving I'm assuming he'll just get paid off the official city payroll. He'll get his somehow.

It's fascinating how some people can burn bridge after bridge and just keep lighting another torch and dropping it behind them never looking back.
maroon barchetta
https://abc13.com/art-acevedo-austin-police-texas-capital-council-houston-pd/14353590/
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I almost read all that crap, thankfully I remembered that I don't give a **** about anything that guy says.
Chewy
AG
Quote:

"Unfortunately, politics and power struggles have hindered our efforts to create real positive improvements for the people of this city. I firmly believe that if we are to build a future together, we cannot afford to blame others and point fingers," Acevedo wrote in part.

That's right, Art. Politics and power struggles are to blame.

No way it's a fear of incompetence and lack of accountability on your part. No way at all.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.